Everyone, it's going to be OK: George Knows.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

From the Bush-Chenney web site

President Bush:

One of the things that must never change is the entrepreneurial spirit of America. This country needs a President who clearly sees that.

Laura Bush:

The strength, the focus, the characteristics that these times demand.

President Bush:

And as the economy grows, the job base grows and somebody who's looking for work will be more likely to find a job. I know exactly where I want to lead this country; I know what we need to do to make the world more free and more peaceful. I know what we need to do to make sure every person has a chance at realizing the American dream. I know what we need to do to continue economic growth so people can find work, to raise the standards at schools so children can learn, to fulfill the promise to America's seniors. Americans are hard working, decent, generous people. I'm optimistic about America because I believe in the people of America.

Not that Kerry is ideal, but God help us if this dolt and his advertising war chest pull out the victory.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 653
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    If a man deceive me once, shame on him; if he deceive me twice, shame on me.

- Japanese proverb
  • Reply 2 of 653
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yes but what shame if he deceives an entire electorate?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bush and Kerry just start running bash-ad after bash-ad, totally ignoring "Nadar" like the press has so far, and Nadar won?

• Reply 3 of 653
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

- Japanese proverb

Not according to George (RealPlayer video stream)

MPEG versions and links agoogle
  • Reply 4 of 653
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

- Japanese proverb

i like the bush version better. "fool me once. a shame foo [...blundering idioticness...]"

edit: scooped again. that outta learn me.
  • Reply 5 of 653
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Not according to George (RealPlayer video stream)

• Reply 6 of 653
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Yes but what shame if he deceives an entire electorate?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bush and Kerry just start running bash-ad after bash-ad, totally ignoring "Nadar" like the press has so far, and Nadar won?

Or maybe Bush is nowhere near as stupid as the other half thinks? It doesn't matter how many times Bush has beaten his opponents, they still underestimate him. Amazing.
  • Reply 7 of 653
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Quote:

Not that Kerry is ideal, but God help us if this dolt and his advertising war chest pull out the victory.

Forgive me for not falling in line, but I don't really understand what your point is.
  • Reply 8 of 653
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Or maybe Bush is nowhere near as stupid as the other half thinks? It doesn't matter how many times Bush has beaten his opponents, they still underestimate him. Amazing.

I don't think the real democratic leadership assumes bush is stupid. they provide sound bites, granted, but they don't play that way behind the scenes...
  • Reply 9 of 653
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Beaten his opponents? What, twice? Once for Gov of TX, once for the presidency?

You do have a good point, though. The left has consistently underestimated Bush as a candidate. This is, of course, the way his last campaign worked. There was simply no way he could lose the expectations game. Conversely, there was no way Gore could win it, since he was quickly labeled as a "smarty-pants" and a "knowitall." I'd love to see the Kerry team try to raise the expectations of Bush in this election.
  • Reply 10 of 653
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Or maybe Bush is...as stupid as the other half thinks.

I agree with you for once.
  • Reply 11 of 653
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Conversely, there was no way Gore could win it, since he was quickly labeled as a "smarty-pants" and a "knowitall."

So that would make bush the "know-nothing."

I think the right had a good point there.
  • Reply 12 of 653
    actually, calling bush on facts he should know will be the easiest assault on his campaign...
  • Reply 13 of 653
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I think you people need to find better things to waste your time with instead of continuously creating threads to bash the president.
  • Reply 14 of 653
    Just because the man is mentally about as sharp as an egg, doesn't mean I don't recognize that the GOP campaigning machine is a powerful group to be reckoned with. My original point is that if this guy had to stand on his own intellectual merits and not memorize ad slogans and debate tactics, he wouldn't have a prayer.

As for God help us, I mean to say, what's this guy going to do in the next four years if he really believes the American people are behind him? How much more arrogant and dangerous will his foreign policies become? How many more Patriot Acts to "keep America Safe"?

Just a general sentiment here... one of fear basically. Fear more than loathing.

PS - Mods, how about we kill the fekking GOP ad banners?? You shouldn't be placing those on AI pages at all, unless you can figure out a way to place Democrat banners on the same page every time.
  • Reply 15 of 653
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    By now, I think the American people can separate platitudes from policy. Since it's clear the new advertisements focus on platitudes rather than the President's record, one has to wonder whether the new round of ads would be effective. What about his leadership? What specifically has the President done? What specifically has his economic policies accomplished? The people want to know.
  • Reply 16 of 653
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Actually, I think Bush is just plain stupid, by the criteria I would apply: profoundly incurious, inflexible, given to simple, generalized notions, self-satisfied, apparently incapable of learning from error, and just radiating that special smugness that arises from the mind unsullied by nuance.

What he also is is cunning, venal, and good at playing a regular guy. That makes for an effective politician, and his "affibility" may have obscured just what a dick he actually is, so in that sense, he may have been underestimated.

Somehow I don't think that is a mistake Kerry will make.
  • Reply 17 of 653
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I think you people need to find better things to waste your time with instead of continuously creating threads to bash the president.

In other words,

"DON'T CRITICIZE THE PRESIDENT'S ADVERTISEMENTS. YOU'RE GIVING AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY."

Thanks, Nut.
  • Reply 18 of 653
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

By now, I think the American people can separate platitudes from policy.

I'm not so sure anymore. Other than web boards like this I don't hear many people publicly criticizing Bush. It's like people are so mentally lazy and so completely lacking a civic mindset, that they don't care what Bush does... Given how Bush and his policies have shaken out, I don't see anywhere near the amount of public disgust I would expect from a truly thinking, demanding population.

I see instead people resigned to the attitude that "well, he's 'strong' on defense and my taxes are lower so I'll just overlook the rest".
  • Reply 19 of 653
    "The democrats aren't ready for prime time"

"The economy is improving. The democrats don't know what to do."

Just keep telling that to yourselves...
  • Reply 20 of 653
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

I see instead people resigned to the attitude that "well, he's 'strong' on defense and my taxes are lower so I'll just overlook the rest".

This is EXACTLY it. People are willing to overlook nearly everything because he is perceived as "strong on defense." Even the soccer moms. That's really the brilliance of the Bush team: they made national defense a domestic issue.