NHL TIME!!! NBA and MLB wussies need not apply, nor visor wearing french guys...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    gorebuggorebug Posts: 52member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

As long as the Flames get into the playoffs, I couldn't care less what happens (as long as a Canadian team wins).

I wish we'd dump Turek. Of course no team would give more than a case of pucks for him right about now...

Hey, whodathunk a flames fan on AI. Do you ever visit CP?

I am thinking Turek is gone, and this is a sneaky way past a NTC.

Also happy now with the result in St Louis tonight, couldn't have picked anything better. if only Nashville would have lost. Oh well.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

move the all-star game to the off season? are u crazy? theres a million reasons why that is a bad idea. but first things first, u are a big nhl fan right? see, no one gives a shite about the pro bowl like they do about the nhl, nba and mbl allstar cuz theirs are in season, keeping everything fresh. mid season all-star means some valuable resting time for the up-coming big stretch. if the season is over and the champ is named, thats it, thats how the season should end. bad idea.

To me, the all star-game doesn't mean anything no matter when they hold it. The 80 game season seems fine too, but they need to get things finished a lot earlier. The only way to do that is to cut away some of the filler.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It seems that no one gets interestedi n hockey (if at all) until after Christmas, While I wouldn't move the season start so far back, perhaps they should take some games from the front end of the season when fewer people watch or attend anyway. Still, having the Cup finals ending in June is just weird. They should make the All-Star game coincide with some holiday. The captive audience at home on those days is a great opportunity for ratings and attention. The All-Star game only takes out one or two games from the schedule anyway,. I don't think it hurts that much to have it during the season.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I say they cancel the pre-season altogether. We don't need wasted exhibition games and extended training camps. Hockey has an extensive farm system, players that don't make the cut have lots of room to develop. I would stick to my solution. Start 6-8 weeks earlier, and whatever number of players teams are currently allowed to carry, add another 6-8 on top of that, and let them dress an extra 4 for the first 20-25 games. After that, those that don't make the cut can be sent down to the minors without penalty. This gives coaches time to set the roster, but they have to be smart about it, because those first 20-25 games actually count.

Players should start the season fit and ready to play, they make enough money to spend the off season in the gym.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Turek is a fat, lazy bum. He's been getting worse and worse in his stint in calgary. kiprisoff kicks his butt. so did freddy brathwaite, now there was an exciting goalie to see play live. I must have seen 25 calgary home games one year and he was phenomenal almost every start. too bad the flames could never muster more than 1 or 2 goals. he would lose 2-1, 3-2 all the time while facing 30-40 shots every night.

god, i hope someone picks him up... good riddance.

Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Obviously Sutter and the boys share my feelings about Turek. They just put "Large" on waivers.

• Reply 26 of 26
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The NHL season starts in September, and it ends in June. As it is, that's only about 3 months off. If you moved the start of the season start up 8 weeks, ice hockey would be played almost a full 11 months out of the year, taking a brief summer vacation in July. As much as I like hockey, I dislike the idea of playing ice hockey during the summer at least. I'd rather they keep a quick schedule and chop some games off either end of the season than string them out over the entire year. Actually, I'd like it if the season mid-point were at or just after the new year, and they tucked in the start of the season to late September and ended the Cup finals by mid-May. No one watches the first half of the season anyway, no matter if it's 82 games or 12 games.