How's your Pepsi/iTunes addiction coming along?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I look around me, in every nook my spoils sits in plastic bags with their bright yellow caps. A few hundred bottles at least, gleamed from stores all over my area.

yep, bottles of Pepsi, not the 30 bottles of Diet Pepsi I was finally forced to trash because nobody wanted them.

But the stuff I used to love to drink when I was younger, before I switched to the more healthier iced tea.

They sit there waiting for room in the refrigerator, which is already full of Pepsi, chilled, waiting for me to rip their heads off and punch the little winning code into my iTunes.

I've won hundreds already, with another couple hundred waiting in the wings.

You see I look under each cap in the store before buying them, through the clear plastic so each one is a winner.

Regardless to say I have caused a few stirs with my unusual behavior, but I plain tell them I pick the winners, I don't open the caps before buying and most people don't have a computer anyway to redeem the songs.

Some store clerks have taken me in the back and let me pick through cases of Pepsi, even helping me load my trunk.

Well now I sit amongst hundreds of winning unopened Pepsi bottles, which I have to drink and redeem by April 30, because thats when the promotion ends.

Needless to say but I have been up for 3 days on a caffeinated tweak, I think I'll take my G5 apart now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I've bought 5 pepsis since the contest, and I won one song. I have been trying to cut down on my soda intake though and took a naked juice over pepsi the other day.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Im 3 for 2. (bought 2 and won, leeched the 3rd off a friend)
  • Reply 3 of 27
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

Quote:

Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period.

I guess you're going to need more email addresses
  • Reply 4 of 27
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sailfish

I look around me, in every nook my spoils sits in plastic bags with their bright yellow caps. A few hundred bottles at least, gleamed from stores all over my area.

yep, bottles of Pepsi, not the 30 bottles of Diet Pepsi I was finally forced to trash because nobody wanted them.

-snipped-

if you wanna send any of those codes over to me (if you cant redeem any more) send me a PM
  • Reply 5 of 27
    sailfishsailfish Posts: 163member
    BZXKC9IMPX

one freebie, no more.

• Reply 6 of 27
    Quote:

BZXKC9IMPX

You just made my day.

BTW, do you live in Portland? I was there over the weekend, and the only winners I could find at the 7-11 were a pair of Diet Pepsis in the back of the freezer.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i said a PRIVATE message its all good
  • Reply 8 of 27
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    I hate Pepsi. Can't stand it. Especially regular. You couldn't pay me to drink it.

I'm 5 for 7.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    Well I have a similar addiction. I work at a drug store and pounce when the pepsi guy comes in. I have everyone saving them for me too. I'm up to around 50 or so, but I now realize I don't really have 50 songs I want to buy...
  • Reply 10 of 27
    I'm in the keys and they rolled out the diet pepsi first, now the regular pepsi has them.

On my fourth pepsi today,getttnnn the shakes now LOL

7HAXIAPB9F didn't i sssayyy noo morre?

quit being nice to me all you wwwannt is mmyy mussic

• Reply 11 of 27
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    6 wins out of 9 (with no peeking)

Screed
  • Reply 12 of 27
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Slightly off topic, but did you all know that using the 10 digits and 26 letters available for the codes, it's possible to generate 3,656,158,440,062,976 different ten letter/number combinations? Apple may only produce 100 million winning caps (or possibly less), but there are lots of codes to choose from. With 36^10 possibilities, it kind of makes you wonder how easy it would be to type in a random code and have it turn out to be a winner...

Oh, and I've only bought one loser so far. I think I'm up to about 15 winners. I have two chilling in the refrigerator now (I buy them two at a time, peeking through the plastic first.)
  • Reply 13 of 27
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Be generous! send us all a few
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Eliminate some letter and number that look similar and it brings it down a little.

Has anyone tried to randomly enter numbers yet?

It's only 1 in about 36.5 million chance, you may get lucky.

get those alogrithms to work!

• Reply 15 of 27
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    6 for 7
  • Reply 16 of 27
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Why there is no iTunes pepsi code generator.

7 wins out of 11. (BRAAAP!)

Screed
  • Reply 17 of 27
    machem:

hahaha... that's so cute! i HATE pepsi too. until this damned ITMS promo i've been a loyal coke customer. only apple could make me turn. i feel like such a traitor, but i just can't fight the temptation.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    My wife was shopping at wegmans (local grocery store) and said she saw a stock boy in the cooler getting yelled at by a supervisor for looking under the cap. I guess some stores actually care about cheating
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnHenry

My wife was shopping at wegmans (local grocery store) and said she saw a stock boy in the cooler getting yelled at by a supervisor for looking under the cap. I guess some stores actually care about cheating

You know, I tried cheating for the first time the other day at a Wawa in King of Prussia, PA and it's harder then some people make it out to be. I did get a winner, but it wasn't as easy to tell as I had hoped. Maybe aI just need more practice. Oh well, most of my bottles come from vending machines anyway. I've won 3 on bottles I bought and found 1 empty bottle laying around that had a winning cap. I don't remember how many losers I've pulled now. Anyway, I'm off to the vending machines now...
  • Reply 20 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm 3 for 3, cheating. The last two were Sierra Mist as it's more taste preferable, personally, and MUCH MUCH easier to cheat on. You simply flip the bottle upside down and look straight through the bottom. Forget that perfect angle crap.