As The Apple Turns, Returned My Email...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I said this...Being a (crazy) Mac user, I need my rumors! The thing I always loved about your rumors was that they were always right on. Oh how I wish you guys would risk your necks for us Mac users once again, dig up some dirt, and fan the flames of our obsession. Especially as I am going to be buying a PowerBook around the time of my high school graduation, (who said you had to be old to read your site?) a little rumoring from you guys is always appreciated and enjoyed.

Jack:
Quote:

Why is it that there is a lack of rumor printing/engaging in, here at ATAT?

Maybe 'cause... AtAT's not a rumors site?_

Trust me, if I hear something people need to know, it'll show up._ But I never go chasing rumors-- that's just not what AtAT's here for.

But there is "something big" coming in April._ I don't think it's a PowerBook G5, but hey, anything's possible...

Thanx for writing!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You're crazy, all right. I'm not sure what the point of posting this was, though... I guess that's one part of your craziness.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    But there's something big coming in April...

There's a method to my madness.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I'm hoping it's an Apple headless G5 for $999. They did say during the last analyst conference that they knew they needed to get a solid offering at the price point.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    First off... Messiahtosh, crack ye be on!

That aside, I'm thinking G5 Powerbooks, 7457A G4 iBooks, and Rev.B PMs.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    The rumor mill has been dry, so I applaud the effort to dig up some dirt. I have more faith in that one little line form AtAT than anything posted at MOS...well, you know.

Magic 8-ball says: "something AV this way comes."
  • Reply 6 of 39
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

But there's something big coming in April...

There's a method to my madness.

On the contrary, I think there's a madness to your method.

It's true though... although I don't think the AtAT guys really know much more than we do, I still believe that more than I believe anything at MOSR. That's not saying much though.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    Every time they post something it seems to be spot on, I just wanted to see if he would say anything new. I'm not crazy, well...I just hope this little tid bit leads to some juicy leaks or something.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    AtAT is in the top three Apple sites that I check religiously every day, and I agree with m'tosh, when they comment on shiny new things coming out, they are 100% spot-on (though Jack's hints are just vague enough to keep you totally guessing). I'm glad he isn't really into rumors (because it could dilute his humor), but it pays to listen to him, me thinks.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    futuremacfuturemac Posts: 242member
    AtAT is a wonderful, funny site. i love it. its entertaining, and Messiahtosh you're not crazy for writing him or posting this. i miss them when they dont have an episode, and that possible hint of something in april is enough for me. the guy who writes that site has real talent.
  • Reply 10 of 39
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    "Something Big"

in terms of mass, the biggest April product would likely be dual PM, maybe Xserve RAID.

in terms of viewable area, more than new shells for the cinemas, it might mean the 30" HD Display

overanalyzing one line? yep.

plus a pinch of prescient product radar

but that's what you get for two cents and late night
  • Reply 11 of 39
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

"Something Big"

could it be that this is the iTunes Music Store in Europe? along with the introduction of the iPod mini in Europe?
  • Reply 12 of 39
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    I was under the impression that iPod minis would be shipped worldwide in April, so I don't think that is what AtAT meant, since this was already known for a little while now.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Sorry but going on 3 months without anything major I just have'ta break out into song...

There's something due any day

I will know right away

Soon as it shows

It may come cannonballin' down through the sky

Gleam in its eye

Bright as a rose!

Who knows?

It's only just out of reach

Down the block, on a beach

Under a tree

I got a feeling there's a miracle due

Gonna come true

Coming to me

Could it be?

Yes it could

Something's coming

Something good

If I can wait

Something's coming I don't know what it is

But it is

Gonna be great!

With a click

With a shock

Phone'll jingle

Door'll knock

Open the latch!

Something's coming, don't know when

But it's soon

Catch the moon

One handed catch

Around the corner

Or whistling down the river

Come on - deliver

To me

Will it be? Yes it will

Maybe just by holding still

It'll be there!

Come on, something, come on in

Don't be shy

Meet a guy

Pull up a chair

The air is hummin'

And something great is coming

Who knows

It's only just

Out of reach

Down the block, on a beach

Maybe tonight

Maybe tonight...

Thank you.. than you... I'll be performing all week and don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Dave
  • Reply 14 of 39
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by futuremac

AtAT is a wonderful, funny site. i love it. its entertaining, and Messiahtosh you're not crazy for writing him or posting this. i miss them when they dont have an episode, and that possible hint of something in april is enough for me. the guy who writes that site has real talent.

Yea, Jack is a really awesome guy. I met him at 2 different Apple store openings and he's really down to earth, with a great sense of humor.

Oh yea, just about every time he's mentioned shiny new things on AtAT, they've magically appeared. I'd definitely keep my eyes out for new stuff in April!

Woohoo!!
  • Reply 15 of 39
    Yeah, I'm psyched about this, not crazy mind you, just psyched.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    omgwtf!/1 mesiatoshe got exlusive insid info!!!

• Reply 17 of 39
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    4 months into the year before any updates. Please let something come sooner!
  • Reply 18 of 39
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    iMac G5 for $999!

okay, okay...

BTW, isn't this older version of vBulletin easier to use than the new one (at macrumors.com)? I hope AI can stay with it. The new one is too busy, with tiny fonts.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

iMac G5 for $999!

okay, okay...

BTW, isn't this older version of vBulletin easier to use than the new one (at macrumors.com)? I hope AI can stay with it. The new one is too busy, with tiny fonts.

PFFFT...... Think again. Think Reality.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

omgwtf!/1 mesiatoshe got exlusive insid info!!!

You know it!