My post count keeps changing....

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I thought I had a lot more posts before, I seemed to be approaching 3000 and all of a sudden it was 2100 or something...at that time I just figured I was seeing things before. But I just made a post in the "Whatcha listnin to" thread and saw 2393. Now...I was just on here postin yesterday and I passed 2400......so what is goin on??? Is this a conspiracy cuz you ppl hate me? Damn, not like I've been here lately...

let's see what the # is once I hit submit

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yeah, I think one of the Admins did the recompiler thingy. I passed 2000 the other day and then the next time I returned it was something like 1989 again...

...posts, not the year.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    Well call me "Florida" 'cause I want a recount!!!
  • Reply 4 of 27
    AppleInsider is working hard to ensure that no recount will be needed this coming election. That is why we have elected to include advertisements from the Republican National Committee on the site. Vote Republican!

• Reply 5 of 27
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    No!
  • Reply 6 of 27
    Don't you love your country, son? Then how about getting with the program! Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win! It's a hardball world, son. We've got to try and keep our heads until this Democrat craze blows over.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    zodiaczodiac Posts: 138member
    A few days ago my post count went down by 15.
  • Reply 8 of 27

Maybe I should pull a Jonathan and just disable post counts altogether.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    Oh, I'm no EmAn, believe you me. BTW, where has he been?

I was only concerned because I passed 2000 the other day and then fell back down below it....

But I got it up again.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I think it's that time of the year again, you breast guesser with 11/12

[Edit: If I haven't been clear, I mean that it's time for the post counts to disappear.]
  • Reply 11 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by zodiac

A few days ago my post count went down by 15.

Would you people read the links I provided? They explain why this happens. We don't care how many it went down by. It happens because of a bug in vB. It is going to continue to happen. Get used to it, and get over it. I'm voting to disable post counts altogether...
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Oh, I'm no EmAn, believe you me. BTW, where has he been?

I think he met a girl, and has been transformed into total wuss female servant mode. I hear your backbone actually liquifies.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Don't you love your country, son? Then how about getting with the program! Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win! It's a hardball world, son. We've got to try and keep our heads until this Democrat craze blows over.

Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I think he met a girl, and has been transformed into total wuss female servant mode. I hear your backbone actually liquifies.

Escher

PS: Who the hell cares about postcounts? Yeah, Brad. Go ahead, pull a Jonathan on us. (Where has he been, anyway?)
  • Reply 14 of 27
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

[snip]

PS: Who the hell cares about postcounts? Yeah, Brad. Go ahead, pull a Jonathan on us. (Where has he been, anyway?)

I hear that as of late he's been making Applenut his b**** over and over and over.

Post counts are cool, keeps the newbies in their place. But who gives a crap about 15 posts.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    I'd be fine with removing post counts. I'm more of a fan of "Member since xxx" anyway.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    I smell a sticky thread, or an announcement that's in the suggestions forum that addresses this bug. We have someone that asks about it every other week now, it's getting to be a pain, and I'm not even an admin or mod...it's gotta suck for you guys.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Better yet, maybe I should manually remove 20 posts from each offender who asks about this that can't figure out the search feature.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    20? make it 200 if they have less than 2000, 2000 if they have 2000+ posts. at that point they ought to know.
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Hell, that is being too generous. I propose a three strike policy.

Strike one: Use the Alcimedes Formula?

Strike two: Reset post count to zero.

Strike three: Set post count to a very low, negative number.

Or we can just jump right to strike two or three. I'm all for that.

Or we can take the "Private Pyle" approach, a la Full Metal Jacket in the Jelly Donut Scene to the worst offenders. For those that need a refresher and don't watch this film on a weekly basis...

Quote:

Offender's Name has dishonored himself and dishonored the forums! We have tried to help him, but we have failed! We have failed because the members have not helped us! You people have not given Offender's Name the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Offender's Name ****s up, I will not punish him, I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies, you owe me for one stupid question!

Then we zero everyone's post count.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    I like LoCash's solution. Easy enough for even the dumbest newbie to understand. But you know we would still have threads like this. But for a user with 2000+ posts to ask about this...wow. Chop off 1000 of those and see how he feels.