May Issue Of Maximum PC Reviews IMac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    [quote]The only real humiliation is that you can fry an egg with the Atlon while the G4 is just warm. You will never see an anthlon in the I mac hemisphera.<hr></blockquote> Which is important if you need a small computer. However this is a gaming mag, not Good Housekeeping. Gaming boxes need as much processing power as they can get.

I don't see why everybody is dogging maximumpc. When I read it there wasn't a big anti-mac agenda. It's only platform specific so far as the percentage of mac-gamers has got to be much lower than mac users in general. Game mags run a high ratio of ads/content as it is. They can't use up a whole lot of pages that maybe 1 out of 100 readers care about. But I don't read game mags much more anyway. That's what the internet is for.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Right now i'm sitting in front of my wintel computer. And I don't just spend a couple of minutes here and there tinkering with it, but its a constant battle. I'll be sitting here working on photoshop and the computer will reboot itself no reason at all, installed win2k its even worse, i spent a week getting all the drivers working right, and then i installed windows xp pro and it sucks resources like crazy. Not that os x is much better. I'm probably going to buy a new powermac as soon as they come out. Cause i'm freaking tired of messing with wintel all the time. Sometimes, i'll leave my computer, turn it off for the night, get up in the morning and it doesn't boot up. I have to mess around with the ide cables and bios for an hour before it gets going. Sometimes i'll have to turn my computer case on a 45 degree angle, as it is now.

What i'm trying to say is that I totaly hate wintel, even if it was 50 times faster than a dual 1ghz power mac, i'd still buy the powermac cause who wants to spend their day screwing with stupid obscure problems in the regestry or system.ini

I know that i probably just have a crap pc and others are better, but oh well. Macs will always be easier to use, look better, and be innovative. Pc's will not
  • Reply 23 of 23
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member

eMachines: :o

Apple: