Gay Republicans

Comments

• Reply 101 of 175
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kirkland

I've lived 26 years in the South, and I can't come up with one redeeming thing to say about it.

If it's bigoted to tell the truth about the South, a truth I live with every day of my life, then I'll admit to being a bigot. And I'll also admit that I can't wait to get out of school so that I can quickly become a former Southerner.

I am so ashamed to have been born in Texas, words can't describe it.

Kirk

I was raised to believe that if there is something wrong, be it your neighborhood, office, school, state, country, environment, that you work to fix it and make it better rather than flee. Leaving it in a state of ruin just makes it worse for those like you that remain there.

If hispanics can pry change out of their locales, like California, so can anyone. They aren't running.

If anything you are describing White Flight, just with an anti-southern, anti-white, anti-Christian spin.

Would that you stayed there and make a better Texas.
  • Reply 102 of 175
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Quote:

I'll admit to being a bigot.

Heh.
  • Reply 103 of 175
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Kirkland says it's "innate" which is just cute-speak for genetic.

well, if you are equating homosexuality with a disease, (and you've had several chances to say that you don't) then I see why he'd be upset.

So really, is it just a bad metaphor or what?
  • Reply 104 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

innate

1 Possessed at birth; inborn.

2 Possessed as an essential characteristic; inherent.

3 Of or produced by the mind rather than learned through experience

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=innate

Whether or not it is genetic is undetermined, but we know that it is innate.

Thanks, I know what innate means. (Suggesting illiteracy on my part is not becoming)

How is anything innate in a life form -not- genetic? Is there some characteristic that is not-environmentally/culturally induced -and- not genetic?

Fascinating.

Lest you argue more down that line, know well that I am of the opinion that it probably is genetic and that some other people do also choose it intentionally but regardless, that neither genetic NOR choice should be avenues of research for neo-eugenicists to exploit.

But innate is nothing more than an asterisk for genetic, just wanting to avoid going down the genetic route for good reason.
  • Reply 105 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

well, if you are equating homosexuality with a disease, (and you've had several chances to say that you don't) then I see why he'd be upset.

So really, is it just a bad metaphor or what?

PLEASE don't skim tmp.

I never said it was a disease any more than brown eyes or freckles or right handedness or being tall or short or average is.

Back up and read my posts. Someone else equated it to a disease. Not me.

I LOVE this typical railroading by people that blindly believe things to the exclusion of all other opinions. Read the words - don't presume. I'm reading your words, you aren't mine.

I said it will be treated AS a disease by "them", you know, the evil people that Kirkland talks about so much.
  • Reply 106 of 175
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

But innate is nothing more than an asterisk for genetic, just wanting to avoid going down the genetic route for good reason.

Only if you think you know more than we've actually determined through science.

We don't know why it's innate. Maybe it's genetic. Maybe it's something else. Hell, we don't even have a very good model (if any) of how genetics affects personality. So who knows? Not me. Not you.

But the fact remains that it is innate.
  • Reply 107 of 175
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Hatred is innate. Greed is innate. Confusion is innate. Lust is innate. Adultery is innate. Homosexuality is innate.

Sin is innate. Homosexuality is simply another form of behavior that militates against the Law of Nature and Nature's God.

Fag jokes don't cut it, hatred won't cut it, and quite frankly, the traditional conservative tactic of "thinking around" this issue is senseless. This culture gave up on marraige, gave up on chastity, gave up on parenting, for sport fu<king, day care, and divorce. How in the hell can any of you tell Kirkland were to get off? (no pun intended)

You gave up your moral authority a long time ago.
  • Reply 108 of 175
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Uh oh.

Love is innate. Joy is innate. Faithfullness is innate. Homosexuality is innate.

Jesus would have loved you despite your hatred of your fellows. But you don't follow his teachings.
  • Reply 109 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Only if you think you know more than we've actually determined through science.

We don't know why it's innate. Maybe it's genetic. Maybe it's something else. Hell, we don't even have a very good model (if any) of how genetics affects personality. So who knows? Not me. Not you.

But the fact remains that it is innate.

Ok, for your sake let's hope the last bigot dies the day before the genetic theory is proved. Tell me there won't be neo-eugenic experiments otherwise.

Pretend it probably isn't genetic at your peril.

Then again, to cheer you up, you're just as likely to be able to eliminate heterosexuality through genetic modification. Based on the radicalized nature of some things I've read here I wouldn't be surprised if thats how it would ultimately go down.

Who needs breeders, right? Kill em all....etc.etc......

I don't think I want to be around for either world.
  • Reply 110 of 175
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    Quote:

Kirkland says it's "innate" which is just cute-speak for genetic.

No, it's not. It may be genetic, and almost certain there is a genetic predisposition towards it. But it also may be hormonal, based on the make up of fluids in the womb, or environmental regarding early childhood. Any number, or combination, of things.

But whatever, it is innate in that it is decided for someone, it is not decided by someone. Just like hand dominance.

Quote:

I'm saying basically what he said it's just that when I say it he reads bigotry into it. I said take civil unions now, and later when society evolves a bit further, push for marriage.

I was wrong to presume bigotry on your part, though your position re: civil unions is disjointed and hard to follow.

Kirk
  • Reply 111 of 175
    Dear God,

Can I have my moral authority back?

Thanks,

Ganondorf
  • Reply 112 of 175
    Quote:

PLEASE don't skim tmp.

Sorry, I meant that for Whisper. That's what I get for doing work when I'd really rather be on these boards....

Quote:

I LOVE this typical railroading by people that blindly believe things to the exclusion of all other opinions. Read the words - don't presume. I'm reading your words, you aren't mine.

Whoa there big fella- honest mistake, k?
  • Reply 113 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

You gave up your moral authority a long time ago.

I never claimed any moral authority, thank you. I'm not religious. Slightly spiritual, s'bout it.

I like to think love is innate. Oh well.
  • Reply 114 of 175
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    Quote:

I was raised to believe that if there is something wrong, be it your neighborhood, office, school, state, country, environment, that you work to fix it and make it better rather than flee. Leaving it in a state of ruin just makes it worse for those like you that remain there.

They should leave, too. I have no affinity for this state which hates me, spits upon me, until recently criminalized me. Let it sink into a swamp of its own bigotry and choke on its own filth. A deserved fate.

And if America passes the We Hate Gays Amendment, the same goes for the country as a whole. Let it burn.

Why should I feel the slightest loyalty or affinity for this state?

Kirk
  • Reply 115 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Dear God,

Can I have my moral authority back?

Thanks,

Ganondorf

Had you any?
  • Reply 116 of 175
    Quote:

I like to think love is innate. Oh well.

No, love comes from God. The only thing innate is the evil lust of FLESH! Sinner! Repent!
  • Reply 117 of 175
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

Whoa there big fella- honest mistake, k?

No problem tmp, thanks. Sorry, it was easy to misread you.
  • Reply 118 of 175
    Quote:

And if America passes the We Hate Gays Amendment, the same goes for the country as a whole. Let it burn.

Boo-hoo, mommy wont buy me toy. Everybody hates me.

You can have the marriage toy when you're ready to marry a woman. Now go to your room.
  • Reply 119 of 175
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Boo-hoo, mommy wont buy me toy. Everybody hates me.

More accurately, "Boo-hoo, the President of my country is attempting to change the very nature of the country in order to reduce my rights because he's afraid of me."
  • Reply 120 of 175
    [redundant]