iPod3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I didn't think the render looked that good at all. It was real blurry with every camera move, but the beams, and stuff was over sharp, and the fire looked like sh*t. That's for starters. THe glasses looked good, as did the little intro, but I wasn't critiquing photorealism at that time either because I new it was CG.

I thought it was good for what it was. A teaser. An exercise. I don't think any portion of it looked bad at all.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cowerd

Either your reading comprehension is bad or being an architect just isn't what it used to be. What part of "masters degree in architecture" is not a design education?

Architecture is, and has been for quite some time, something of an interdisciplinary pursuit.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Totally impressive, but only iPod 3?

I mean, the power of something capable of creating immersive realtime rendered movies with synthesized Jack Nicholson creeping up behind you...

If *that* was iPod 3, what rev are we in now - iPod 0.01 ?!
  • Reply 24 of 28
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    wow. now that's some serious artwork. very nice concept.

Good idea, good rendering, very good choice of music too.

In 2025, gadgets like this will be common.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by michaelb

Totally impressive, but only iPod 3?

I mean, the power of something capable of creating immersive realtime rendered movies with synthesized Jack Nicholson creeping up behind you...

If *that* was iPod 3, what rev are we in now - iPod 0.01 ?!

yah good point... is apple working on a better iPod now or are they still on a mini iPod hangover
  • Reply 26 of 28
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    That was iPod cubed, not iPod 3.

-or-

A different way of looking at it, is that we are on the first iPod in the third generation. I'm excited for iPod squared
  • Reply 27 of 28
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

I didn't think the render looked that good at all. It was real blurry with every camera move, but the beams, and stuff was over sharp, and the fire looked like sh*t. That's for starters.

I'll only give you that the fire looked too flat and fake.

But motion blurring happens in film and video.

Re sharpness sure, it isn't warm and blurred like 1970's film would be but it's not imitating 1970's film, it is imitating the environment. If it's super crisp, it is no moreso than if you were standing in the room yourself, which is the point.

Granted if you are imitating real life, ditch the motionblur and use the gladiator/28 days later/stobe effect which is more accurate to what humans see during quick motion.

But it's hardly what I would call bad.

Do I detect the jaded jealousy of a 3D pro? Got some examples?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Quote:

I didn't think the render looked that good at all. It was real blurry with every camera move, but the beams, and stuff was over sharp, and the fire looked like sh*t. That's for starters. THe glasses looked good, as did the little intro, but I wasn't critiquing photorealism at that time either because I new it was CG.

I thought it was amazing. I think you are an idiot.