Apple T-Shirt Gives Clues To A Future iPod Design? (Pics Inside)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
**It is an official Apple t-shirt.**

Say what you will, it could be possible.

All pics can be found in their larger sizes here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Is that an official T though? Where d'you get it from?

The apple logo is on the wrong place on the back of the iPod and the word "iPod" is not there either (-- why would they change that?) Maybe the whole thing is just really inaccurate. I dunno...
  • Reply 2 of 23
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    It is an official Apple t-shirt. PS, there is no "back of the iPod" on the t-shirt. Those are all shots taken from the front.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Ya.. the Apple iPod ads and posters also look like that...
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Ya.. the Apple iPod ads and posters also look like that...

Show me these, this is awesome.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    The iPod on the shirt looks a lot like this:

Rectangular, while, round thing in the middle and an apple logo.

If I were stretching for clues, I'd take a peep at the new mini for details rather than some obscure T with a general iPod on it.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

The iPod on the shirt looks a lot like this:

Rectangular, while, round thing in the middle and an apple logo.

If I were stretching for clues, I'd take a peep at the new mini for details rather than some obscure T with a general iPod on it.

The iPod on the t-shirt does look like the mini, that's the point! There are no buttons on it, just a click wheel. This t-shirt is not really obscure, as it is sent out by Apple to many sales people and representatives.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

It is an official Apple t-shirt. PS, there is no "back of the iPod" on the t-shirt. Those are all shots taken from the front.

OOPS

Thought the fourth picture was of the back of the iPod for some reason.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    It's just a stylized version, simplified as much as possible to avoid being dated as much as possible (presuming the white iPod is around for a while).

BTW, yes, I assume the next iPods will have the iPod mini layout - but even that isn't what is depicted. It's merely stylized.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I know what you are saying, but still it would have been just as simple to throw in the buttons and keep similar styling.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    I think it is pretty obvious that you're going to see the mini's scrollwheel/buttons make their way to the regular iPod. It's just a better system.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

I know what you are saying, but still it would have been just as simple to throw in the buttons and keep similar styling.

But since it has neither the 4 buttons across the middle nor the 4 that are on the iPod mini, I think it's just a nice cartoon of it more than a specific design.

Kind of like the simplified happy Mac icon of yore...

Cool t-shirt anyway

Would suck to get mugged in London, then get beaten up for not actually having and iPod though
  • Reply 12 of 23
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, just a stylized and simplified version for these purposes. Speaking in terms of "recognizability" and "icon-esque features", it's the little white rectangle shape, the round scroll wheel and the screen that people know the iPod by.

No need to clutter it up by adding the four buttons.

You see this kind of thing done all the time, guys. Relax. Jeez.

But I do agree that at some point, I could see the iPod mini's navigation/wheel design make it to the iPod.

But again, I'd rather just see larger drives plopped into the mini and THAT simply become the iPod...choose your capacity (4, 10, 15, 20, 40, etc. GB), and choose your color. Want a green 20GB? Fine. A white 4GB? No problem.

But I guess those particular drives used in the mini don't come in those larger capacity, right? Oh well...a shame because those minis actually do make the iPod look a bit like yesterday's news. If you COULD get the mini (including the color choices AND having a Dock and Apple carrying case included in the box) in 15, 20 and 40GB sizes, would anyone honestly buy the regular ones?

I seriously doubt it...

I know I wouldn't.

I think it would be cool if Apple could either make a 2GB model OR somehow get the 4GB down to the $149 level. Then go up from there: 2, 4, 10, 20, 40, etc. A capacity and price-point for everyone: hobbyists, students, digital music beginners just building an mp3 collection could afford the 2-4GB models, guys like me in the 10-15GB range who frequently use the iTMS and 40-60GB models for the real spaz types and their Yes and Steve Vai bootlegs.

• Reply 13 of 23
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    i agree with pscates but also think that it would be cool to have an iPod w/ no buttons
  • Reply 14 of 23
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

i agree with pscates but also think that it would be cool to have an iPod w/ no buttons

i agree with you both!
  • Reply 15 of 23
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    I think Messiah had a bit too much as a kid.....

• Reply 16 of 23
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

lol true true oh so true
  • Reply 17 of 23
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Maybe he still does.

I'm just joking with you Messiah.

The T-shirt is just a simplistic graphic of an iPod. It's called art in some places. Puff, puff, pass...
  • Reply 18 of 23
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Eh?

Why are you guys talking about me?

Seems there might be more than one Messiah after all, eh?

• Reply 19 of 23
    I never inhale.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:

I never inhale.

the lack of oxygen to the brain would probably explain your logic then just messing with you