Just ordered a new mac!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

well- I got most of my settings transferred over and all my files are over here.

Next up is installing software...

The speakers are waaaaay better than the iBooks- you can actually use them for quiet listening!

I actually felt bad turning off the iBook for the last time. Its been with me for so long!

I took pics and I'll post them in the near future- after I install my software. Oh yeah- it came with iLife '04 disks too- as well as a DVD restore disk.

All I have to say is besides not having iLife '04 pre-installed I can't even tell this thing is a refurb!

Peace out!

Why don't you save yourself all the trouble of doing that and just use CCC (as mentioned above) to get your stuff? It's so easy it's sick. Congrats, BTW.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Why don't you save yourself all the trouble of doing that and just use CCC (as mentioned above) to get your stuff? It's so easy it's sick. Congrats, BTW.

I wish I would hav knowen about it before, but its too late. I got everything over already...and I'm enjoying it!
  • Reply 23 of 30
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    From the photos you posted your refurb might actually be brand new!

Don't Apples refurbs usually ship in plain brown boxes?
  • Reply 24 of 30
    that's what i thought. i remember someone posting pics of their PB refurb and it was shipped in a brown box.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Performa636CD

that's what i thought. i remember someone posting pics of their PB refurb and it was shipped in a brown box.

Thats a bummer, Apple's packaging is a huge part of the Apple experience. I dont know that I would consider a refurb if it didn't come in the normal Apple box. Unless the deal was super amazing.

back on topic- Nice PB. I remember the level of geeked-ness I felt when I got mine. Twas a great day.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Hey guys! I just ordered my 2nd mac! Its to replace my old iBook 500 (which is having those damn logic board problems).

Here are the specs:

PowerBook

G4 1.25GHz

512MB

80GB

SuperDrive

AP Extreme Card

GigE

Aluminum

15"TFT

Refurbished

Any tips on keep the powerbook new as possible? What about battery life? How can I maximize that? How is gaming performance? Will I be able to game at all?

It should be here on Monday or Tuesday!

peace!

well you have a very nice machine coming your way and the gaming will be pretty goode!!! i'm sure you will love it... congrats on the buy too!
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Hooray! I have the same one. I bought it January 14th after my iMac got stolen.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    WAAAHOO! I'm really enjoying the new PowerBook! I can actually edit in FCP and code in director!

The screen is great! I love the extra room! Only thing I'm worried about it denting it...how big of a factor is that? How much does it take to scratch it? I ordered the Booq PowerSleeve 15 on Thursday- it should be here sometime next week for complete protection...

The backlit keyboard is just plain cool too! I'm the president of the doc films club here at MSU and you might as well call us the powerbook club (I just got the 1.25, another member just got the same exact thing, we have a TiBook for the club members to edit on, and one of the other members has a 12" and another member might get a PowerBook this summer!).

I have a pic of all of the capturing the footage for our latest doc. Its pretty funny 'cause there are 4 powerbooks crammed onto a small table- it was glowing apple logos everywhere!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Congrats dude

i'm getting a Powerbook G4 too 8)

-Neø
  • Reply 30 of 30
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Performa636CD

Mine is brand new. It came in a brown box. When I had opened it up there was apples powerbook box. But, by the looks of it yours is brand new. Did you get it from the apple store. Or at a refurb website.