Busted for Boobs-Teacher dismissed for private actions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got the Bud beads!

I saw this and thought, that isn't right.

I have seen this sort of thinking applied several times to teachers. No wonder kids think we are put in a closet and plugged in to recharge at night. We should be according to districts with reasoning like this.

This woman was at a private party showed her boobs to some friends. Someone took a picture and emailed it to her bosses. They dismissed her for something not related at all to her job. I hope she sues them out of existance.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I agree. This is stupid because:

a. this was an entirely private matter;

b. if it it were not, it is not wrong or shocking in the least;

c. it's just stupid.

Geez this sort of thing makes me angry. What's wrong with breasts?
  • Reply 2 of 57
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Whose going to hire this woman to babysit your kids?

(if you aren't a "breeder" hold your peace)
  • Reply 3 of 57
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

(if you aren't a "breeder" hold your peace)

Everyone does stupid stuff. If the worst thing someone has done is gotten a bit too drunk one time and shown her breasts, that's not too bad in my book. Compare that to all the things some people have done - child molestation, cocaine, having affairs - and this looks pretty good.

I sure wouldn't want any coke users to be in a real position of power any more than I'd want a child molester to be teaching our kids. Oh wait.

But I guess I should shut up, since I'm a straight male who isn't interested in having kids (yet). Hell I don't even have a girlfriend.

It's very pretentious of you to invalidate the opinions of a group of people before they even contribute to the thread.
  • Reply 4 of 57
    pretty fvcking stupid. This kind of shit really pisses me off.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Why in the world not? What is your point?
  • Reply 6 of 57
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    hell, if she were coming over to babysit my kids i'd have a bucket of Bud beads sitting next to the door.

teachers are people. breasts are breasts. these people need to pull their heads out of their asses. if she flashed the kids they might have a leg to stand on. this is just lame.
  • Reply 7 of 57
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Hmmm. I can't make a judgement unless I see the photo in question...

She blundered. Now the school administration is blundering. Her own daughter knew of her dismissal before she did. So theres a good chance the whole damn school knows of the whole incident.

Hope she sues the hell of of them.

• Reply 8 of 57
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

hell, if she were coming over to babysit my kids i'd have a bucket of Bud beads sitting next to the door.

teachers are people. breasts are breasts. these people need to pull their heads out of their asses. if she flashed the kids they might have a leg to stand on. this is just lame.

I reserve my anger and loathing for the *female* who emailed the pictures. Bet she is all smug and happy right now, to have single-handedly destroyed this teacher's career - she was possibly even a one-time 'friend'.

It HAD to be a woman. Do you guys agree? I just think most guys wouldn't email the picture and ruin her life. It's totally an 'envious' female thing to do - presumably one whose breasts weren't worthy of baring. What a scheming, vengeful bitch.

She has lost her job, but she could *still* lose her teaching certificate from the state. Then she 'would' be well and truly screwed. Course she probably is anyway, as far as ever teaching again in that state goes. She'll have to move to another state.

Bet this kind of dismissal would NEVER happen in Europe. Only in the Puritanical, good ol' U.S. of A.
  • Reply 9 of 57
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    It would have to be a guy: watching women debase themselves riffs on that powertrip/submission thing too strongly.
  • Reply 10 of 57
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I reserve my anger and loathing for the *female* who emailed the pictures. Bet she is all smug and happy right now, to have single-handedly destroyed this teacher's career - she was possibly even a one-time 'friend'.

It HAD to be a woman. Do you guys agree? I just think most guys wouldn't email the picture and ruin her life. It's totally an 'envious' female thing to do - presumably one whose breasts weren't worthy of baring. What a scheming, vengeful bitch.

She has lost her job, but she could *still* lose her teaching certificate from the state. Then she 'would' be well and truly screwed. Course she probably is anyway, as far as ever teaching again in that state goes. She'll have to move to another state.

Bet this kind of dismissal would NEVER happen in Europe. Only in the Puritanical, good ol' U.S. of A.

I think it could be a guy . . some slighted guy who has always felt that she is gorgeous (which she appears to be) and has overlooked him . . . Never under-sell the male ego's ability to hate what it also loves

One of my ex-best friends is short and grew up in a very neurotic family. One day he was eating at a restaraunt with my wife and I (we were not married at the time) and he said, in a calm voice, I hate you two for your "happiness" . . . he felt that kind of bitterness towards anybody that was tall or nearly good-looking or in any way self confident or successful . . . .

I think that many men harbor this kind of inner-victim loathing emotion

. . . hell, there is a whole sub-genre of rock music that thrives on that kind of emotion: the new metal/grunge wallow angst crap, like Lincoln Park etc!

but Yes I agree, this so called "friend" should get outed and then should be placed in public stocks and reviled for betrayal of friendship

anyway, she should sue . . . and why does this country care at all about breasts?!?!

It is a sign of cultural immaturity . . infantile regression . . .
  • Reply 11 of 57
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Honestly,

The district blundered in its handling of this. But, they do have a right to fire her according to most education employment contracts. Most have "morals" clauses.
  • Reply 12 of 57
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Honestly,

The district blundered in its handling of this. But, they do have a right to fire her according to most education employment contracts. Most have "morals" clauses.

What is immoral about Breasts?
  • Reply 13 of 57
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    more importantly, wtf does a morals clause have to do with a perfectly legal activity outside of work hours?

if i'm not at work, and what i'm doing is legal, MY WORK CAN KISS MY ASS.

it's your employer, not your moral compass.
  • Reply 14 of 57
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
  • Reply 15 of 57
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Your image doesn't work.

EDIT: Now it does. Ha.

PICS PLZ THNX
  • Reply 16 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Honestly,

I'm not quite sure what your point is about a "morals" clause in the context of this matter. Clarify, if you dare.
  • Reply 17 of 57
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Duh.

A teacher can be fired for anything they do that the superintendent/school board/powers that be deems 'immoral'. Morality is that nebulous thing that everyone claims to have the One True Handle on, but no one can agree on. So it's an open clause that's added to many contracts where children are involved for 'their protection'.

Of course, it's rarely ever invoked, except for idiotic things like this.

If it happens outside of school, it stays outside of school, in my opinion.

Kind of like I have no problem with a fundamentalist Creationist teaching biology... as long as it's kept out of the classroom. Same thing, in my opinion.
  • Reply 18 of 57
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    You know, I bet that woman has had sex! Whore! If only we had pictures, we could burn the witch! The fact that she even has breasts is a clear incitement to wrong thoughts.

Remember, women carry the seed of evil.
  • Reply 19 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Duh.

A teacher can be fired for anything they do that the superintendent/school board/powers that be deems 'immoral'. Morality is that nebulous thing that everyone claims to have the One True Handle on, but no one can agree on. So it's an open clause that's added to many contracts where children are involved for 'their protection'.

Of course, it's rarely ever invoked, except for idiotic things like this.

Well I suppose. But could the superintendent be fired for his "immoral" actions in this case? That would be my view of the morality here. I'd say more about morality generally, but it would derail this interesting thread and split the comments more on strict party lines. I don?t want to derail a thread where I actually agree with the Trumpet-guy on something.
  • Reply 20 of 57
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The principal made a wrong decision. If someone has to be fired or sued, it's the people who emailed tha picture. Diffusion of private picture is forbidden by the law. The moral of the school is you have the right to diffuse stolen pictures, but you do not have the right to have your breasts photographied.

If people take a picture of me naked and email it, it will sue him.

I expect that this woman will win the trial.

PS : a big congratulation to Trumptman who made a thread taking the side of a woman. . Nobody (by purpose ) congratulate him for this post, but i have to do it.