LCD iMac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    [quote]Can u amagine how heavy, and bulky a iMac with and LCD screen would be ?<hr></blockquote>

What are you talking about? :confused:

An LCD screen is much smaller and lighter than a CRT.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by Mike Eggleston:

<strong>I have been an avid follower of the Mac since I was 6. That is right, since the original 128K machine. Now, the idea of an LCD iMac is a great idea. However right now it will never work. For one reason and one reason only: Price.

The cost of LCD's are coming down, but not enought to make it worth while to make it into an iMac. Yes, the cool factor would be awesome, and it would work out great, especially since everything to them is size and function. I don't see this happening til 2003 at the earliest.

What Apple will do is when the G5 comes out, I can see them sticking the G4 in their iMac line, bringing iDVD back to where it was meant for, the consumer. I honestly see the G5 coming out MWSF and ALSO the G4 iMac. Steve has said that he wants the DVD-R/CD-RW in the consumer machines, and while that won't happen this MW, I can see it happening in MWSF 2003, probably when the iMac2 (LCD version) will come out.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Mike Eggleston ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

While walking around Tokyo today I saw a Sony Vaio with an LCD screen with speakers on the side of it. I didn't pay that much attention to it but the price was about $1,200. Here is an example of an LCD computer on the street now for less than the price of an iMac. The screen was rougnly 15 inches diagonally.

Last spring when I looked at this there were already four or five LCD PCs being sold here for roughly the price of an iMac. Now there are more. Apple is really late to this party.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    If even IBM can make & sell these

[IMG]http://commerce.www.ibm.com/product_images/psg/840/en_US/228353U.gif[/ IMG] <a href="http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2165810&cntrfnbr=1&prmenbr= 1&cntry=840&lang=en_US" target="_blank">IBM Netvista X41</a>

Imagine a similar product but done with the usual Apple style
  • Reply 44 of 49
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    test
  • Reply 45 of 49
    test2
  • Reply 46 of 49
    test...
  • Reply 47 of 49