What's the most derogatory thing you've ever been called?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Cracker.

I was waiting in the drive through at a Wendy's and this black guy in the car behind me must have gotten pissed off that the drive-through line was taking too long. He yelled something about "F-ing order something already", then he finished it off very distinctly by calling me a "cracker".

It was the first and only time that I've ever been directly assaulted in a racial manner (I know, I'm very lucky). My only response was to start laughing. It was such a ridiculous concept to me. The friend who was with me didn't hear the guy's insult because her window was rolled up. It was surreal and comedic, and vaguely disturbing because it was the first time I realized somebody could hate ME because of my appearance.

So, since Derogatory Comments is the latest topic of interest here in AO, let's talk about them.

What've you been called?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That sounds like quite the angry black man. I did not know that "cracker" was actually used in the real world as an actual insult. That is pretty funny.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

It was surreal and comedic, and vaguely disturbing because it was the first time I realized somebody could hate ME because of my appearance.

Welcome to reality. And your appearance has little to do with being what he perceives to be a cracker, it is merely the identifying physical characteristic.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    liberal.
  • Reply 4 of 44
    'Baldie.'

Shouted by a fat man in a white delivery van ten years or so ago.
  • Reply 5 of 44
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member

ouch!!
  • Reply 6 of 44
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    "WhiteAssClown"

Well I think that's what the guy said, don't know if he was insulting my skin color or my pale ass
  • Reply 7 of 44
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    A republican.
  • Reply 8 of 44
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i'v been called a pedaphile. i didn't take it very seriously, but the conviction in his voice was strong. he and his friends were describing their sect of christianity on a street corner. its a pretty extreme sect, best described as "black christianity". not just because all their members are black, but because it was an integral part of their faith. they claim that jesus was black, king james was black, uh.. others too. for all i know, all the bible guys were, but i find it particularly hard to believe that the sovereign of england back in 1600, or whatever, was. i think something like that would be more historically notable [therefore mentioned in school at some point], since blacks weren't all that common in european high society back then. they were basically shouting on the street corner about how terrible white people are. and to illustrate their point, they'd mention odd examples then extrapolate on them; like "i read in the newspaper a white dood molested a little white girl. see, you people aren't just going after us anymore. whitey is even turning on his own. hey you [points at me]. ur a pedophile." i thought it was pretty funny. how'd he know?

my mom called me a communist the other day. i thought it was really funny. it stemmed from a misunderstanding of "free software", and well, i laughed heartily. she's the one who votes democrat.
  • Reply 9 of 44
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Well I was driving in Vancouver Canada and I took a yellow light. The car/driver looking to take a left didn't like this and called me a n!gger. A little uncalled for but that pales in comparison to the guy that had the unbelievable gall to call me an Oregon Duck. I beat him good! Go Huskies!!!
  • Reply 10 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

its a pretty extreme sect, best described as "black christianity"

You're in NYC, yeah? Could it have been the Black Israelites? I had a huge argument with a group of them once. The main guy said something about my sister as we walked past so I stopped to ask him if he didn't think his momma would want her dress back. It only went downhill from there...
  • Reply 11 of 44
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    A Nigger-loving Wop

And I'm serious, by a kid at school who's one of the "hicks." Cause I have black friends.
  • Reply 12 of 44
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    NaplesX called me something or other the other day. It was something about me hating the US and all that (which I don't). Anyways, it wasn't worth remembering coming from a WASP Pseudo-Nazi Cracker like him anyways.
  • Reply 13 of 44
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Whitey?

I'm sheltered. And very white.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

You're in NYC, yeah? Could it have been the Black Israelites? I had a huge argument with a group of them once. The main guy said something about my sister as we walked past so I stopped to ask him if he didn't think his momma would want her dress back. It only went downhill from there...

Tell us more.
  • Reply 15 of 44
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I hate it when women call me " a nice guy "
  • Reply 16 of 44
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    ?even worse: when a woman tells you that, "you're such a good friend. "

I can't really remember. I've probably been called lots of things: homo, albino, elitist, suburbanite, etc.
  • Reply 17 of 44
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

The only thing I like doing more than baiting them is baiting the Jews for Jesus that roam the streets and subways.
  • Reply 18 of 44
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I wasn't personally called this, but after a kid at my school (who previously I disliked for various things) started using N***** extremely derogatorily I, after some misc verbal abuse, asked him if being a dirty piece of shit with no friends and nobody that loves him made him the hateful bastard he was. This got a laugh out of others, and shut him up good. To this day he hasn't talked to me...but sadly he was in a car accident earlier this year, and died \ All that I said happened like 2 years ago.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Tell us more.

I just ended up arguing with the main guy for a minute or two...he eventually said some more shit about my little sister which made me lose it a little. I called him an ignorant racist mother****er and walked away, feeling extremely ashamed of myself for arguing with cult members on a crowded street corner in Union Square.

Not my proudest moment...my sister thought it was funny as hell though.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Wog. I might add that the only person to ever call me this was an Italian, so he was one to talk.

Barto