A Powerbook Maxi G5 ( Pic mockup)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Enjoy :-)

Specs to follow...



















«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 26
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
  • Reply 2 of 26
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Yours is more seamless, but still...come now.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

    Already done.







    Yes..I see. :-(

    Still... mine is a REAL 3D rendering ! :-) Plus, it has the gorgeous black LCD cover.

    On a serious note I think this is not the way the Powerbook will evolve. It is an outrageous concept that extrapolates on the trend of big screen notebooks. The reality, for sure, will be increased battery time versus processor power ( Apple ! Listen up ! I want my Powerbook to have the same autonomy as my cell phone !!!)
  • Reply 4 of 26
    solerosolero Posts: 30member
    I think it's a great concept.



    But the "extra" screens should not fold out, but instead slide out from behind the middle screen. This would have two advantages. 1. It would be more durable. 2. Then you also have the option not to use all screens (save battery power, and be able to work in cramped places - air plane).



    Disadvantage...it wouldn't be very slim!
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Quote:

    Originally posted by solero

    I think it's a great concept.



    But the "extra" screens should not fold out, but instead slide out from behind the middle screen. This would have two advantages. 1. It would be more durable. 2. Then you also have the option not to use all screens (save battery power, and be able to work in cramped places - air plane).



    Disadvantage...it wouldn't be very slim!




    Thanks for the thumbs up !

    Will try to put your idea to paper (CAD) to see how it works.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Maxi-pad for heavy days, but what about light days?
  • Reply 7 of 26
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Unfortunately, this isn't feasible with LCDs. Wait 5-8 years for OLED displays to mature and such a concept is more than feasible--OLEDs can be folded, bent and use much less power than LCDs. What is science fiction today is tomorrow's Powerbook.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Maxi-pad for heavy days, but what about light days?



    Try the Powerbook mini



    Powerbook mini 13"
  • Reply 9 of 26
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Yes that LCD technology is years away; not to mention I would get one hell of a headache looking at that seam in the LCD with part of a window on one half of the display and the other part on the main part. Don't really think that will ever happen - it's a hell of a lot easier to pop a 20" LCD into the external video or dock or bookendz or whatever...



    Interesting concept, but I think the Phillips flexable display technology is a ways off.



    BTW, did anyone see the latest eBook from Sony? LibriE or somesuch? Neat screen technology there, but $350.00 for an eBook viewer is still WAY too much!
  • Reply 10 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Maxi-pad for heavy days, but what about light days?



    It's looking more and more like a feminine hygiene product with every revision...it even has wings now.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    this thread is a waste of forum space. the whole idea of the mini g5 pbook is dumb too. get in touch with reality people.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by nsousansousa

    Yes..I see. :-(

    Still... mine is a REAL 3D rendering ! :-) Plus, it has the gorgeous black LCD cover.

    On a serious note I think this is not the way the Powerbook will evolve. It is an outrageous concept that extrapolates on the trend of big screen notebooks. The reality, for sure, will be increased battery time versus processor power ( Apple ! Listen up ! I want my Powerbook to have the same autonomy as my cell phone !!!)






    What 3D program did you use? nice rendering btw.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ipodandimac

    this thread is a waste of forum space. the whole idea of the mini g5 pbook is dumb too. get in touch with reality people.



    O K
  • Reply 14 of 26
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,535member
    I'm also curious about the 3D software used.



    Why the elongated trackpad? Is that to conform to the elongated display shape?



    You mention a built-in video camera. Where would you put it? I don't see it.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    solerosolero Posts: 30member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ipodandimac

    this thread is a waste of forum space. the whole idea of the mini g5 pbook is dumb too. get in touch with reality people.



    I Disagree. This is the "Future hardware" forum, it is made so that we can dream and speculate about whats to come in the near or distant future.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

    Originally posted by solero

    I Disagree. This is the "Future hardware" forum, it is made so that we can dream and speculate about whats to come in the near or distant future.



    I completely agree.

    If this forum was about current hardware I would render a nice RJ-45 plug or a Ipod dock connector. :-)

    This is about tomorrow. About what we cannot envision with current KNOWN technology, but we FEEL will satisfy us as Apple tech afficionados.

    I do agree that some of my stuff SEEMS far fetched and unfeasible, but just you wait and see. And I don´t mean 3 years.



    Thanks for the praises and rants.



    BTW. The mockups were made with a 3D sketcher (SketchUp) and Photoshop for the print. Command-Shift-3 also had its part.



    Regards from Portugal :-)
  • Reply 17 of 26
    eupfhoriaeupfhoria Posts: 257member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by nsousansousa

    I completely agree.

    If this forum was about current hardware I would render a nice RJ-45 plug or a Ipod dock connector. :-)

    This is about tomorrow. About what we cannot envision with current KNOWN technology, but we FEEL will satisfy us as Apple tech afficionados.

    I do agree that some of my stuff SEEMS far fetched and unfeasible, but just you wait and see. And I don´t mean 3 years.



    Thanks for the praises and rants.



    BTW. The mockups were made with a 3D sketcher (SketchUp) and Photoshop for the print. Command-Shift-3 also had its part.



    Regards from Portugal :-)




    oooh RJ-45...

    sounds sexy.

    and it is, cause it is what allows me to type this now.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ipodandimac

    this thread is a waste of forum space. the whole idea of the mini g5 pbook is dumb too. get in touch with reality people.



    Well that's kinda a snotty thing to say.



    It is "future hardware" and traditionally this is the place where, for better or worse, people post their ideas or wishes. This one thread isn't going to chew up any excessive bandwidth or cut in to your day.



    If it does, let me know and I'll send you $5 for your trouble.



  • Reply 19 of 26
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ipodandimac

    this thread is a waste of forum space. the whole idea of the mini g5 pbook is dumb too. get in touch with reality people.



    Replace "thread" with "post".



    Replace "the mini g5 pbook" with "my post".



    Your new signature, and I won't even charge you for it.



    Enjoy!
  • Reply 20 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ouch. And I thought my response was a bit jerky...



Sign In or Register to comment.