MOSR: New PowerMacs based on 3ghz G6, NOT G5

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to "sources" over at MOSR

(http://www.macosrumors.com/33004M.html) the next generation Powermacs will sport new chips based on Power5 (975) architecture. Is one of these sources Nostradamus, a paid crack-head informant , or does anyone think these rumors are feasible?

Also, is all of this rampart speculation about rev.b powermac in the works preventing anyone from purchasing a PowerMac? I've always wondered what effect, if any, these rumors have on potential sales?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    dude, pass me that crack pipe...
  • Reply 2 of 38
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    I doubt it since the Power 5 isn't even out yet.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    Yeah, and he also says that 1080p is "DVD Quality". Not so accurate, methinks. Drop the '10' and replace with a '4' and he gets a gold star.

-John
  • Reply 4 of 38
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JCG

I doubt it since the Power 5 isn't even out yet.

Well who knows what tomorrow will bring from IBM!

maybe in January the powerbooks will be based on the g7-fx mobile chip. (the 995fx)

This chip is utilizing a new design based on the power 4.5 architecture and the mobile variant's architecture includes wifi/bluetooth/wifimax support un the chip. It also supports the new wireless firewire speed standart ieee 1394k co developed by Apple and Sony. The portable will also utilize ibm's impact resistant hard drives that protect your data if your machine is dropped. You will also see an entirely new form factor. The new form factor takes design cues from the Lexus rx330 and features round indicator lights for the wifi and other wireless receivers. The new powerbook is also aerodynamic and easy to carry in case you need to use it as a projectile.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    To the above poster, you must be kidding me!!!

"The new powerbook is also aerodynamic and easy to carry in case you need to use it as a projectile"?!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAH.

OK....

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Sorry couldn't help myself!!! Maybe they will also add razor blades that automatically open as you throw your powerbook to seriously injure pursuers!!!

MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAH AAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA.

Ok, I am done now! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!
  • Reply 6 of 38
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macaddict74

To the above poster, you must be kidding me!!!

"The new powerbook is also aerodynamic and easy to carry in case you need to use it as a projectile"?!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAH.

OK....

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Sorry couldn't help myself!!! Maybe they will also add razor blades that automatically open as you throw your powerbook to seriously injure pursuers!!!

MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAH AAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA.

Ok, I am done now! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

you're welcome
  • Reply 7 of 38
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    No, I'm sorry Kyle, if anyone but me touches my PowerBook, big metal spikes will come out and pierce through the hands.

Nuh uh!

Ok Kyle, if big metal spikes don't come out why don't you touch it? Go on Kyle... touch it.

I'm gonna!

go ahead Kyle...

I WILL!
  • Reply 8 of 38
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

huhaha me next
  • Reply 9 of 38
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda

According to "sources" over at MOSR

(http://www.macosrumors.com/33004M.html) the next generation Powermacs will sport new chips based on Power5 (975) architecture. Is one of these sources Nostradamus, a paid crack-head informant , or does anyone think these rumors are feasible?

Also, is all of this rampart speculation about rev.b powermac in the works preventing anyone from purchasing a PowerMac? I've always wondered what effect, if any, these rumors have on potential sales?

I am convinced that Apple has an active disinformation campaign to foil rumor sites. Remember the crumpled purloined photograph of the G5? You know, the one that looked like a room dehumidifier? Since then, the bogus information has gotten really farfetched. MacOSRumors, however, finds no rumor too silly to post.
  • Reply 10 of 38
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    That would be THE ultimate job of all-time! "Hmm, what nonsense can we feed the peons today?"
  • Reply 11 of 38
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

Pffft... lol
  • Reply 12 of 38
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bangstudios

Yeah, and he also says that 1080p is "DVD Quality". Not so accurate, methinks. Drop the '10' and replace with a '4' and he gets a gold star.

-John

He probably means HD not DVD. But he's a fool anyway...
  • Reply 13 of 38
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    Well, I say, his drug dealer's got the stickiest of the icky for the author to suggest this.
  • Reply 14 of 38
    iomaticiomatic Posts: 92member
    Probably somewhat true. But, why kill O'Grady, I mean, of all the rumor/news sites-- maybe he pissed someone at Apple off?

Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

That would be THE ultimate job of all-time! "Hmm, what nonsense can we feed the peons today?"

• Reply 15 of 38
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    can we make an official ban on anyone that posts "info" from macosrumors?
  • Reply 16 of 38
  • Reply 17 of 38
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I've actually found MOSR to be quite entertaining lately. The Mac scene has been so slow lately it is nice to see someone trying to drum something up.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac:

I've actually found MOSR to be quite entertaining lately. The Mac scene has been so slow lately it is nice to see someone trying to drum something up.

And fall completely flat on their face as a result. I really think someone killed Ryan. It took him weeks to come up with some of this insane stuff, now we are getting crap at an hourly rate. I think some PC trolls killed him and now use MOSR as a platform to piss the mac community off wayyyy more than any PC troll could in a mac forum.

Oh yea, the G6, righhhht.

If IBM does announce a 975 processor and Apple calls it a G6, I will eat my old hole-ridden underware.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    If MOSR turns out to be right, a lot of people here are going to be eating crow.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Will we find out tomorrow? I would venture to guess if there's no PPC975 announced, then there'll be no G6 soon.