Apple Campus Representative

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Can you work legally in the US? You're on a student visa?

Is it different in the US then? Here (UK) if you're on a student visa, you can work up to 20 hours a week in termtime and full time in the holidays. I think there's stuff to stop you becoming self employed, etc, but it seems pretty lenient.

Amorya
  • Reply 22 of 31
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Alright guys- I have an interview tomorrow with Apple for a campus rep position...

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Alright guys- I have an interview tomorrow with Apple for a campus rep position...

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, impress them without boasting.

What school are you attending? We had a lot of overqualified applicants for UVa but I hear it's pretty easy to get it in a lot of other schools.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Yeah, impress them without boasting.

What school are you attending? We had a lot of overqualified applicants for UVa but I hear it's pretty easy to get it in a lot of other schools.

Michigan State University
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Well- I got the job! The interview went well, a lot of switch questions...

I have to sign an NDA so I don't know my future here at appleinsider...

Peace out.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Wow, that was easy.

We had to have a 1 hour interview each, and then for the next round we each had to make 20 minute powerpoint presentations.

congrats.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Wow, that was easy.

We had to have a 1 hour interview each, and then for the next round we each had to make 20 minute powerpoint presentations.

congrats.

Well- ther were 3 positions available and they doing a website for mid-michigan schools with php/mysql and I have experience with that and other tech related experience so I was really qualified for the job...not to brag or anything...
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Hmm. I will be attending a smaller private school in Arkansas this coming year... Wonder if they would perhaps have anything like this there... Does anyone have any information they could pass on to me? Thanks!
  • Reply 29 of 31
    psgamer0921psgamer0921 Posts: 393member
    Isn't giving a PowerPoint presentation for an Apple job a wee bit ironic?
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by psgamer0921

Isn't giving a PowerPoint presentation for an Apple job a wee bit ironic?

I didn't want to write keynote because only I out of the 6 in the second round used keynote, the rest used powerpoint, and it seems like the word powerpoint is what people call these presentations.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    jkess27jkess27 Posts: 1member
    I was a campus rep for Apple as well, if you want to hear from other reps http://www.CampusReps.org is a community where campus reps discuss the different programs