one day too early

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by locopano

Good on you richard! YOu have to realise apple resellers are just liek any other business wanting to make money.

OVer here in australia the 17" PB went from $5499 to $4299 the day the new 1.5 was released for the "old" 1.33GHZmodel. The new price on the 1.5GHZ is $4449.

So thats over $1000 dif in price and you must realise that out currency is currently 0.75 of what yours is so its not like some weird currency where 1 US$ is 50,000whetevers.

And the resellers here would say that there are no new powerbooks they are "just clearing" to make way for new stock etc.

Im glad to here that your reseller didnt screw you and allowed a $99 restocking fee or whatever!I wonder if they have that over here!

I'm lucky tho, i nearly bought a new 17" 1.33GHZ for $5499, but ended up getting one second hand for $2000AUD = $1500USD! which is pretty good!(about a month ago) Its good for AUSTRALIA anyway!

Absolutely -- a 17 for 1500??? GREAT deal! thats pretty much the best I have heard yet -- exchange rate or not. Can't wait 'til tonight.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Congrats.

Apple didn't really cut you a break. They charged you the regular restocking fee. The reason you only had to pay $100 is the new model is $200 cheaper that the old. They just did what they were supposed to in the first place. Glad it worked out for you.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Voyer

Congrats.

Apple didn't really cut you a break. They charged you the regular restocking fee. The reason you only had to pay $100 is the new model is $200 cheaper that the old. They just did what they were supposed to in the first place. Glad it worked out for you.

well, honestly i know this. but they were very cool about everything and they promised to disregard the 10 trade in period (which they did). I had a great guy helping me -- one of the best i have worked with. he called me to let me know that my powerbook was in (a week early), and got my trade in value down to $54 with an education discount. All in all i was in the store for about 10 minutes.

I guess the biggest reason that i am happy, is that i bought the PB within a perfect window to upgrade. Lucky for me. That will never happen again.