Games you played as a child and childhood memories in general...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Originally posted by Chinney

Quote:

Inspired silliness keeps a person happy. I have seen people who still keep this quality into their 90s. I hope that I am that way.

I think you're right, Chinney. For example, didn't someone on this board get caught by his boss while practicing "Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks" walks at work?

I think that's so funny. Apparently the boss was not amused (lacking in the silliness quotient, I guess. Tsk). Wish I could remember the name of that AO member. Such a classic work anecdote. heehee. Loved it.

When I visited one of those ranches I mentioned above, I would do stand-up comedy for my friends (there was no electricity out there, so no tv, etc). My routine was really silly (visual comedy), but they all got a genuine kick out of it. Maybe I became a teacher because I got hooked on having a captive/captivated audience at an early age. heh.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Did your girlfriends ever get to play in the war games, or were the games strictly for boys?

You know, I don't remember. Definitely mostly a guy thing, but a couple of those girls were tomboys (and have always really liked tomboy girls) so I'm sure they played, too. It's real hard for me to remember the chronology.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I was brobably 3 or 4 years old, in a half-day religiously intended day care where they were trying to brainwash us kids. I was out, playing with a boy that I liked, who was in the same class than I was. I don't remember what we were playing - just how I felt. Fat. Huge like an elephant. What shocks me with this memory is my age in that time.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    when we were 7 and 8, we use to play greek gods....i was always apollo

when we were kids my mother took the game "Life" away from us because we were too competitive...

we lived on santa monica beach...as a kid we use to see who could make the largest tar ball from the tar that floated in the ocean (we assumed from off shore drilling...who knows, it was the mid 60's and there was almost no regulation on anything back then....

we use to play jarts...they got taken away from us because we use to play catch with them

later (junior high) was alot of spin the bottle

even later (college) was a lot of bong tonk...dang i wish i could remember the rules to that game....

now, as an adult, the games are mostly husband/wife games of spitefulness and withholding sex and such

of course i still always have to be apollo

g
  • Reply 25 of 25
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    One fun thing my brother and I did together was when we lived in a house in which all the flooring was ceramic tile. (I was 10, he was 6.) One of us would have on skates, and the other would pull the skater through the house holding onto one of dad's belts. The skater would get whipped around certain corners at very exciting speeds. I'm sure mom wasn't home at the time. heh.