Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

(from the onion)

Cheney Wows Sept. 11 Commission

By Drinking Glass Of Water While Bush Speaks

he should have set out a tip jar
  • Reply 22 of 24
    7e77e7 Posts: 146member
    I guess none of you geniuses have heard that Bob Woodward is upset with John Kerry's portrayal and interpretation of what was actually written in his book. There is nothing in Woodward's book about a "secret deal" with the Saudis. This is more fiction cooked up by Kerry and yet another bunch of BS from Kerry that the "mainstream" media refuses to challenge. What Woodward said in the book is that it is common practice for the Saudis to lower oil prices in advance of U.S. Presidential elections because it is a way for them to help the incumbant candidate and that they recognize that a strong U.S. economy is good for Saudi Arabia as well.

Kerry is probably the least credible politician we have seen in a very long time. He is all over the place on just about every issue - the Patriot Act, Iraq, No Child Left Behind, etc. He voted to give the authorization to the President to go to war in Iraq (and Kerry himself has stated many times that Saddam Hussein was a serious threat and that he had a WMD capability - look it up people!) and then he refused to support ongoing funding for our forces there even though he gave his approval to send them into battle in the first place. This constant flip-flopping is unbelievable and even more so when it is becoming all too clear that the media have no intention of calling voters attention to it. He slandered the reputations of his fellow soldiers who served in Vietnam by his self-serving tirade when he testified before Congress in 1971 about alleged atrocities he said that he had actually witnessed during his service in Southeast Asia. He later admitted that he did not actually witness the acts he testified to and it was later learned that these accounts were told to him by people who actually DID NOT serve in Vietnam. The fact that he was under oath at the time and that his testimony can be seen as being nothing less that outright perjury seems to not bother all the Bush bashers at this forum. I guess to some people Vietnam was a time in history where what Kerry did was acceptable. It is not in any way and one has to say that the characterizations made about President Bush in this forum only serve to illustrate how many hypocrites seem to reside here. And one can certainly argue that Bush has not lied or misled the nation. There is absolutely no proof - not a single shread of evidence - that he lied. Just about everybody thought Iraq had WMD including just about every member of Congress, our top weapons inspectors, John Kerry, Bill Clinton, Al Gore (at least when he was still VP - I can't quite figure out why he suddenly became Saddam Hussein's close buddy), France, Germany and countless other nations believed they existed. And can any of you say with absolute certainty that the WMD were not shipped off to Syria or Iran or elsewhere before the war started? Would you bet your life on it? Apparently Jordan recently foiled an Al Qaeda plot involving WMDs and they actually now have possesion of some of these weapons that were going to be used in a future attack. I wonder where these WMDs came from? I bet we will find out very soon...

I am also tired about how people on this forum conveniently forget how many UN resolutions Saddam Hussein violated. The Gulf War cease fire agreement was also violated (and remember the 1991 Gulf War was a UN-sanctioned conflict) and that violation gave the United States all the authority (legal and moral) they needed to resume hostilities there. This is not an illegal war as many of you assert with astounding ignorance. Your hatred of President Bush is getting in the way of rational thought.

Saddam Hussein and his regime murdered countless innocent Iraqis. We may never know the true cost of his reign and and equating what he has done with our occupation is an insult to our troops there and is nothing more than a pack of lies. Anybody who would make such an assertion is not fit to call himself an American in my view. Have innocent people died in this war? Yes, but I am willing to wager that more Iraqi citizens have been killed as a result of Islamic terrorist acts in Iraq then have been killed by our soldiers. I know a lot of you think that our military operates with reckless abandon and that we are nothing but a band of pirates who pillage and plunder. But I can honestly say that our military is as professional as any the world has ever known and that our soldiers do everything they can to minimize civiIian casualties. At the same time, I continue to be amazed at how little outrage has been expressed in the Muslim world about how many fellow Muslims have been killed by their own kind. I just don't know how they justify those actions in their own minds. I guess somehow it is okay for Muslims to intentionally kill other Muslims. It seems like a strange value system to me.

So many people on this message board like to claim we are fighting the wrong war. Not true, I say. We are perfectly capable of fighting Al Qaeda and the insurgents in Iraq. The war in Iraq had not hampered our ability to round up Al Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan and elsewhere or made it impossible to continue the search for Osama bin Laden. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Make no mistake: Iraq was a terrorist nation and I don't see how you can fight a comprehensive war on terrorism if you don't include Iraq in the equation. You don't really believe that Libya simply decided to give up their WMD programs on their own and that the Bush Administration's strong anti-terrorism stance had absolutely nothing to do with it? And why do you think Iran is deparately trying to stir up trouble in Iraq? They are hoping that we will lose our will and pull out of Iraq because they are well aware that if we are successful in helping to set up a prosperous and democratic state in the heart of the Middle East that Islamic fundamentalism will die a certain death. There is a lot at stake here and it is clear to me that far too many of you have no comprehension of what is truly involved here.

All I can see is that you hate President Bush. But most of you do not impress me with your pseudo-intellectual ramblings about how the world now hates the United States and that Bush is entirely responsible for that particular change in climate. Well as an American I really don't care if a lot of the world hates us because we are one of the few nations with the guts to take a stand and confront evil. And make no mistake: people who willingly blow up civilians in buses and cafes in Israel or office workers in New York City are the personification of evil and are people who are not fit to grace this earth.

These countries hate us because we have the power to affect change in ways they cannot possibly imagine. We had tons of sympathy after 9/11 when we were the bloodied victim. I truly believe that in some perverse way that they enjoyed our suffering because it was on an order that has so rarely been seen. But once we got off the deck and took the fight to those who did us harm all the sympathy dried up. I don't know if it is jealousy on their part or what but one has to question their motives for the switch rather than blame Bush for their change of heart. These countries were turning on us before the Iraq war so really the problem they have with us is that we chose to fight back rather than wallow in self-pity. If losing their friendship or respect is the price we have to pay for fighting this war on evil then it is well worth it in my estimation.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 7E7

I guess none of you geniuses have heard that Bob Woodward is upset with John Kerry's portrayal and interpretation of what was actually written in his book.

I haven't even heard Kerry's reaction to Woodward's book. I found what Woodward had to say himself, in his own words spoken on 60 minutes, to be more than damning enough of the Bush admin.

Quote:

Kerry is probably the least credible politician we have seen in a very long time. He is all over the place on just about every issue - the Patriot Act, Iraq, No Child Left Behind, etc...

...If losing their friendship or respect is the price we have to pay for fighting this war on evil then it is well worth it in my estimation.

I don't think I've seen such an impassioned presentation of regurgitated party-line talking points in quite some time.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Way to go 7E7.

You da man!