Arab ally snubs Bush amid 'unprecedented hatred' for US

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Oh no! We're alienating Arabs, when what we should be doing is "winning hearts and minds".

OMFG.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Oh no! We're alienating Arabs, when what we should be doing is "winning hearts and minds".

OMFG.

Sounds like sarcasm? Can't tell exactly... it's text. It also seems like your saying Arabs like it's a bad thing.... again, just text.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

OMFG.

We're not just alienating 'Arabs', who you obviously think are beneath respect by virtue of their being 'Arabs', we are alienating the rest of the world with the exception of Israel

Also, look at the Pakistan thread and see how Bush's brilliant plans have forced his essential Muslim allies in the fight against Al Quaida to give in to the rising hatred of anything in support of the US.

Diplomacy should be the lion's share of politics not violence and force!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

We can ALWAYS count on you! If nothing else, you are dependable- and predictable. FOUR-count em FOUR Bush-Bashing threads of yours on page one alone. Mighty good work there.

You can count me in also! Bush needs to be bashed for what he's done in the international arena as much as what he's done in the domestic one!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

OMFG.

Let me paraphrase: "Oh, no! We're alienating people, when what we should be doing is "winning hearts and minds".

Just trying to wrap my head round this.

You're being sarcastic! That's it! OK, let me reverse the intention to see what you're saying.

"Who cares! We're alienating people! Why the hell should we worry about 'winning hearts and minds?"

You and people who think like this are going to get us all killed.