The Taliban in America

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Why would you assume that just because your anecdotal situation worked out perfectly, that the same would be true everywhere else?

Nick

i, at least, would be a better judge...i have worked in hospitals on the east coast and the southwest...

why make new laws when we already have laws for wrongful termination?

when we have laws about workplace abuse??

will a law stop stupid managers from making people do "wrong" things? will this law do anything new??

doctors refuse to see patients all the time for a variety of reasons...it happens everyday...so what is this law really trying to do? what is this law really trying to protect??

g

ps...people are denied emergency care all the time...that is a clever myth...just depends on your definition of emergency
  • Reply 82 of 83
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    There are two separate issues here:

1) Who a doctor will treat.

2) What procedures and services a doctor will perform.

These are two completely different things. Can we get everyone on the same page here?
  • Reply 83 of 83
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

There are two separate issues here:

1) Who a doctor will treat.

2) What procedures and services a doctor will perform.

These are two completely different things. Can we get everyone on the same page here?

I agree shetline. I find it odd that some here think that this law would allow say, someone Catholic to not treat a broken arm on a homosexual man (how would the doctor even know if he was gay?!?) for moral or even religious grounds. I find it even more odd that some cast this as "hoping gays die."

The bill also mentions the 24 hour notice so obviously this wouldn't be for something that is life or death, or even something that required immediate care.

This obviously relates more to administrators or even certain patients with an agenda attempting to force doctors to do procedures to which they have an objection.

Nick