The Chewing Gum Thread

neoneo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I decided to start some sort of a disgusting thread, and came up with this one. This thread is about chewing gum accidents and different ways to dispose the gum.

-Neø

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'm not much of a gum chewer, but for the longest time I ate it. I knew full-well you are not supposed to do that but I never wanted to touch chewed gum with my fingers.

*BURRRRRP!*

*POP*

• Reply 2 of 23
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

I decided to start some sort of a disgusting thread, and came up with this one. This thread is about chewing gum accidents and different ways to dispose the gum.

-Neø

Neo, we love ya, but please reconsider all these threads. (even if they give you a post bump for starting them.) Just say no. Do it for the children. I'll give you ten of mine to stop the insanity.

You are not your specs.

You are not your post count.

We are glad just to have you here.

I promise.

• Reply 3 of 23
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Oh man..... I'm bored.

• Reply 4 of 23
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Oh man..... I'm bored.

so am i, seriously...

-Neø
  • Reply 5 of 23
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

so am i, seriously...

-Neø

I'd suggest trying to discover the real world. Not the TV show. You'd be doing yourself, and us, a great service.

This thread begs the question, though, of how much gum it would take for someone to literally choke themselves.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

This thread begs the question, though, of how much gum it would take for someone to literally choke themselves.

Now THERE'S a thread.

I've got three cases of Bazooka if anyone wants to volunteer.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Now THERE'S a thread.

I've got three cases of Bazooka if anyone wants to volunteer.

I have someone in mind.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I'd suggest trying to discover the real world. Not the TV show. You'd be doing yourself, and us, a great service.

i don't watch TV, but i spend alot of time infront/around computers. On the weekends, when my Mom is at her boyfriend's house, i might work on the computer for 8 hours hours straight and fall asleep at my desk.

-Neø
  • Reply 9 of 23
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

i don't watch TV, but i spend alot of time infront/around computers. On the weekends, when my Mom is at her boyfriend's house, i might work on the computer for 8 hours hours straight and fall asleep at my desk.

-Neø

Don't know if I'm the first to tell you this, and I hope I'm not...but, that's not healthy. Get a life, get a job, do something.

If I ever sat in front of the computer for 8 hours straight I would kill myself. I doubt I've ever even reached 8 hours total in a day in front of a computer.

Seriously, go do something constructive. Learn to play an instrument, than spend those 8 hours practicing it instead of doing the computer thing. You' ll be a master in no time.

Either that, or get some friends, friends are always good.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Get a life, get a job.....

... I doubt I've ever even reached 8 hours total in a day in front of a computer.

I see what you're saying.... however, many people like me work (as their job) 8 hours+ in front of computers.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

[snip]

get a job

[/snip]

i am thinking about getting a job...probably something to do with computers...maybe tech support...or fixing/building computers. I can fix PC's and Macs. Networks are something that i don't really know much about and so is LinuX OS, but i will probably download a copy of SuSe LinuX, to learn to use it and i will probably read about networks. Graphic Design is another thing that i'm pretty good at. I work in Adobe Photoshop.

-Neø
  • Reply 12 of 23
    audio... just in case the wrong newbie takes the challenge..

Remember Kids: Safety First! 8)
  • Reply 13 of 23
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Interestingly, we've had a rash of "ban cigarettes!" threads lately. Yet, there are more nations that find chexing gum to be a bigger menace than cigarettes, and aptly ban it.

Many asian nations ban chewing gum in public places. I think Ireland also taxes it.

I don't agree with the ban, but it is something to proverbially chew upon for all of those nazis who seek to ban everything.

Multiple puns and tasteless references, all intended.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

. . .i will probably download a copy of SuSe LinuX, to learn to use it and i will probably read about networks. . .

No reason to. Mac OS X can do anything Linux can do. get an X11 app and see for yourself. Otherwise, just blast away in the terminal.

If you're going to go Linux anyway, I've found Debian to be the least irritating experience.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i just throw it away or spit it into the trash. i'm a gumaholic
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

No reason to. Mac OS X can do anything Linux can do. get an X11 app and see for yourself. Otherwise, just blast away in the terminal.

If you're going to go Linux anyway, I've found Debian to be the least irritating experience.

I have OS X Jaguar on a CD, but my Mac isn't working right now. I have to use windose machines

Two days ago i pulled an HP Vectra out of a dumpster after my school got newer computers, and it's probably gonna be my LinuX Box...

-Neø
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

i just throw it away or spit it into the trash. i'm a gumaholic

you are lucky that you don't live in Ireland...

-Neø
  • Reply 18 of 23
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i spit mine at oncoming pigeons and small children. just kidding, i just spit or throw mine in a dumpster, or on the sidewalk, i know, i know, LITTER, but, oh well.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i spit mine at oncoming pigeons and small children. just kidding, i just spit or throw mine in a dumpster, or on the sidewalk, i know, i know, LITTER, but, oh well.

now i see why my shoes are covered i get all those sticky turds, after i climb into that dumpster to fish out a perfectly good PC...

-Neø
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

As long as you don't get uppity about cigarettes, I'm OK. gum chewers irrtate me much more than smokers do, especially when the f-ckers spit the gum on the street, I step on it, and bada bing, bada boom.