PB 15" 1.5Ghz Logic Board and Ambient Light Sensor failure ?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

yes, it's isolated. apple was ranked the highest in customer satisfaction and turn around time in Consumer Reports recently. they also had the lowest number of defects out of the box.

who knew that with HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people buying their machines, some of their shit wouldn't work!!@!@!@

why is everyone wetting their pants hoping to be a victim these days?

Agreed. When I had my trackpad problem there was no really hassle in getting it fixed. Just had to take it to the dealer, and the needed part arrived far earlier that expected.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    pacepace Posts: 10member
    Quote:

Huh? I was relaying the simple fact of my trackpad glitch on my brand new PB, and what I'm trying to resolve it.

I've been a mac owner for 4 days, and I have to say this type of attitude is not exactly conducive to giving new wintel converts the warm fuzzies about the mac community.

-Pace
  • Reply 23 of 26
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pace

Huh? I was relaying the simple fact of my trackpad glitch on my brand new PB, and what I'm trying to resolve it.

-Pace

And you should. If playing around with software doesn't fix your problem, be sure to contact Apple. Any time I've had any hardware problem they've taken care of things without me having to jump through any hoops.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Quote:

yes, it's isolated. apple was ranked the highest in customer satisfaction and turn around time in Consumer Reports recently. they also had the lowest number of defects out of the box.

who knew that with HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people buying their machines, some of their shit wouldn't work!!@!@!@

Actually my focus was on the service after it broke. The Genius at the Apple Store could have handled the repair better.

As you said, it's not mathematically significant to have a few broken machines out of hundreds of thousands. But if I'm really a minority then why couldn't Apples so called Genius' handle those FEW cases of repair in an appropriate manner. They should have been able to fix the computer in one try. Not three.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Glad I ordered a 17".

- Xidius
  • Reply 26 of 26
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    sorry, i'd had a long day.