What some liberals really think about Pat Tillman

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Rall Comic

It's got all the liberal stereotypes about anyone with whom they disagree. Racist, ignorant, stupid and likely best of all in their eyes. Dead.

Hateful and sad.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 109
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Rall Comic

It's got all the liberal stereotypes about anyone with whom they disagree. Racist, ignorant, stupid and likely best of all in their eyes. Dead.

Hateful and sad.

Nick

Agreed. It's the hateful cynicism of both the left and the right that keeps me in the middle. I hate the Right's blind hero-making but also hate the spiteful negativity of the Left.
  • Reply 2 of 109
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Agreed. It's the hateful cynicism of both the left and the right that keeps me in the middle.

indeed.
  • Reply 3 of 109
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    While another sentiment is certainly present in the comic than the one trumpt pointed out, this is a cruel and idiotic cartoon...

As a liberal, I myself am offended by this, if a man chooses to serve for whatever reasons he does serve (be they wrong or right) they have the expectation that their service will be recognized as positive even if the war that they are in is not.
  • Reply 4 of 109
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    So why isn't the thread titled "What Ted Rall Really Thinks About Pat Tilman"?
  • Reply 5 of 109
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

I say why not? If the other side doesn't play nice with words, why should the board's conservatives like trumpetman and johnq be expected to do so?
  • Reply 6 of 109
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    At least he put the word "some" in the thread title.

Progress has been made!
  • Reply 7 of 109
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    "What some liberals think..." Yeah right. You're just baiting us.
  • Reply 8 of 109
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    That is an unfortunate and misguided cartoon.

He is not representative of Liberally minded individuals

and, I am surprised by his apparent gaff about Afghanistan as well . . .
  • Reply 9 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I say why not? If the other side doesn't play nice with words, why should the board's conservatives like trumpetman and johnq be expected to do so?

What?
  • Reply 10 of 109
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

I made it quite clear that it goes beyond what he things because it uses the same tactics some liberals use to discredit conservative thought instead of debate it. Don't like affirmative action for example, it's just easier to cry racist than debate the merits.

Don't believe what I do, it is because you are ignorant and uninformed. If you know what I know and you still believe different, well you are just stupid then.

We see these same tactics applied frequently through the media and also in this forum as well. They are not exclusive to this comic author or this particular comic. The combination here is just particularly hateful, that's all.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

What?

Right, no liberals here ever use any metonymical references against those lame-o dittoheads and such. My mistake. Won't happen again.
  • Reply 12 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I made it quite clear that it goes beyond what he things because it uses the same tactics some liberals use to discredit conservative thought instead of debate it. Don't like affirmative action for example, it's just easier to cry racist than debate the merits.

Don't believe what I do, it is because you are ignorant and uninformed. If you know what I know and you still believe different, well you are just stupid then.

We see these same tactics applied frequently through the media and also in this forum as well. They are not exclusive to this comic author or this particular comic. The combination here is just particularly hateful, that's all.

Nick

It's not a necessarily "liberal" tactic you're describing-- it's not even a frequently "liberal" tactic. In fact- it has nothing to do with being "liberal" or not. Thanks for starting a thread based on a completely wrong premise with the sole intention of baiting people.
  • Reply 13 of 109
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

.... metonymical...

That's a great word!
  • Reply 14 of 109
    Quote:

Right, no liberals here use any metonymical references against those lame-o dittoheads and such. My mistake. Won't happen again.

The higher standard, not the lower standard, should be met.
  • Reply 15 of 109
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    And your point? Pat Tillman wanted to kill someone for what happened on 9-11. So much so that he was willing to give up millions of dollars. Is he a hero?
  • Reply 16 of 109
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

It's not a necessarily "liberal" tactic you're describing-- it's not even a frequently "liberal" tactic. In fact- it has nothing to do with being "liberal" or not. Thanks for starting a thread based on a completely wrong premise with the sole intention of baiting people.

As usual you wish to derail the thread by discussing who posted it, the source of the material, anything but the actual material and ideas presented.

Why the hell don't you just address the comic and the hatefulness it puts forth. You've posted three times and not even addressed the content of the comic once.

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 109
    Quote:

The higher standard, not the lower standard, should be met.

Fire with fire. Eye for an eye. ...I'd love to see this higher standard thingy.
  • Reply 18 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

And your point? Pat Tillman wanted to kill someone for what happened on 9-11. So much so that he was willing to give up millions of dollars. Is he a hero?

Thanks for demonstrating the higher standard.
  • Reply 19 of 109
    Quote:

Thanks for demonstrating the higher standard.

Don't be obtuse.
  • Reply 20 of 109
    Quote:

Don't be obtuse.

You mean acute or right!