From PC to Mac?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Belvadere

I use FUSION 7.5 for web design (and no, I don't want to change; too big of a hassle and FUSION does all I ever need).

You really ought to check out Contribute too from Macromedia, to me it a great combo with its templates, and mix that in with BBedit you can have a great combination. I realize you mention you wanna stay with Fusion but I'm only recommending it for what is worth. Virtual PC will be pretty good if you max out the RAM I hear, I'd personally wait until the next release of Microsoft office so it comes it VPC 7 I think. It should be more than sufficient. I also think the 'telnet'ing idea is also a fairly good one.

You might want to mention the software you're thinking will rollover/or be similar to the Mac side of things, just to make sure.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

as for MAC thats just your personal opinion, MAC was always MAC for macintosh before Media Access Control, It always used to be PC & MAC, a lot of old school places use to say MACintosh.

And every single one of them was wrong, thinking that since PC was capitalized, Mac had to be as well.

It's like calling Jonathon JON instead of Jon just because it's been shortened.

It was *never* correct to use MAC, and it has *always* been a display of ignorance.

It is Mac, short for Macintosh. That's all there is to it.

OTOH, it's hardly something to get one's panties in a bunch over.

Jeez.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Oh well done people! Way to promote the platform, behave like a bunch of jerks.

Yes Belvadere, most people round here are right in that age bracket where they think they know everything and wear their arrogance like a badge of honour.

But of course, arrogance is just what the young use to conceal the inadequacies and insecurities that lie just beneath the surface.

Fact is, many of them just don't have the social skills yet to know how to correct someone's mistake once, and without it being a put down.

Don't let them grind you down (and lord, I know it's hard). The place could do with some older, wiser heads. Use their bad behaviour to remind yourself of what's good about getting older. And pity them for all the hard lessons they have yet to learn.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Of course, some of us are just truly old bastards.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Yeah see Belvadere, if you hadn't shouted MAC Kickaha might not have heard you. His hearings not what it used to be and he needs a cane to get about these days but he can still feed himself and he only smells bad when his gout's playing up.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Dagnabbit missy! Get back here so's I can beat ya with mah cane!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Now come on, you know how too much excitement only makes your incontinence worse. We don't want any more embarrassing little accidents, do we?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    This thread has long since outlived its usefulness.

Good job aimlessly flogging the new member, guys.

Belvadere: Please do feel free to start a new thread with any remaining questions you have. Next time you shouldn't have a problem.