Kerry's First Purple Heart-for a booboo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Mommy kiss and make it better

Here we go ladies and gentlemen. The recollections of the doctor that treated Kerry for his first Purple Heart "wound".

Quote:

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

I heard he got a lolly-pop as well.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 77
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, then there's the other two purple hearts, the stars, the now tossed ribbons etc.

the first one may have been questionable, but it's still two more than i have, even if the first one is for nothing much.
  • Reply 2 of 77
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    It's a helluva lot more than I have. Way more than Trumpt has. And certainly more than Bush.

But, who really gives a shit?
  • Reply 3 of 77
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    This is an idiotic smear campaign . . . from idiots who hope that their sickening no-show will somehow stand unsullied.

Its low and vulgar and crass . . . but then again [ ] . . . what else would it be?!?!?
  • Reply 4 of 77
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

It's a helluva lot more than I have. Way more than Trumpt has. And certainly more than Bush.

Wait a second...didn't Bush get "treated" for cavities?
  • Reply 5 of 77
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    And the point is .... what?

That the Army gives out Purple Hearts to anyone who gets a flesh wound in a combat zone? How exactly does that make Kerry " " (evil, cowerdly, unfit to be CiC, or whatever)?

Or are you implying that Kerry lied about his injury to get a Purple Heart?

Or are you implying that all of Bush's Purple Hearts are more genuine than Kerry's first one?
  • Reply 6 of 77
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    This is getting absurd.

It's a wound received from enemy fire = purple heart, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

However, to balance the scale, war medals don't always equal a good president/leader.

• Reply 7 of 77
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    The point is that real men lose limbs in combat zones. Now if Kerry had lost a limb or two, no way could anyone call him a coward....

....oh, wait...

So, anyway, what, exactly, trumpetman, is the minimum diameter of mortar fragment required to qualify one for the purple heart? Had Kerry known his wouldn't make the cut, I'm sure he would have stepped a little closer to the incoming.
  • Reply 8 of 77
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

But, who really gives a shit?

Hey, using the Kerry criteria, I would have several dozen purple hearts.

Nick
  • Reply 9 of 77
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Hey, using the Kerry criteria, I would have several dozen purple hearts.

Nick

So would George. They don't call 'em 'longhorns' for nothin'...oh wait...you have to actually join the military for these purple thingys?!?
  • Reply 10 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

And the point is .... what?

That the Army gives out Purple Hearts to anyone who gets a flesh wound in a combat zone? How exactly does that make Kerry " " (evil, cowerdly, unfit to be CiC, or whatever)?

Or are you implying that Kerry lied about his injury to get a Purple Heart?

Or are you implying that all of Bush's Purple Hearts are more genuine than Kerry's first one?

It doesn't need to "imply" anything since it is already history. We already know what he did. He took his "injuries" and used them as a means of coming home 4 months before his tour of duty ended. Upon arriving home he began working so that he could call those still in Vietnam baby-killers, murderers, rapists and war criminals.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

So would George. They don't call 'em 'longhorns' for nothin'...oh wait...you have to actually join the military for these purple thingys?!?

No, no, you've got it wrong. It is much easier to get them than that. You just have to go stand on the other side of the fence from where Kerry is "returning" them.

Nick
  • Reply 12 of 77
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It would have been more obvious if he had just shot himself in the foot.
  • Reply 13 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

The point is that real men lose limbs in combat zones. Now if Kerry had lost a limb or two, no way could anyone call him a coward....

....oh, wait...

So, anyway, what, exactly, trumpetman, is the minimum diameter of mortar fragment required to qualify one for the purple heart? Had Kerry known his wouldn't make the cut, I'm sure he would have stepped a little closer to the incoming.

Maybe a better comparison would be to research how many of his own troops Cleland called war criminals.

I mean you want to keep everything fair between them right?

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 77
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Bush at a rally in Michigan...

Concerned Citizen: "[I have concerns about the senior care center my parents are at]; the funds for such centers have been cut heavily. What is your plan for addressing this?"

Bush: "Uh... gosh, was it cut at the Federal level?"

Non-sheep: Yes.

Bush: "Well... heheh... gosh I guess that's what happens when you are fighting to cut the deficit in half...."

CUT IN HALF? HOW ABOUT DOUBLED (or more), a-hole?

I don't care if Kerry had a splinter in his ass; he's a more fit leader than Bush will ever be.
  • Reply 15 of 77
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    So it's not ok for a comic strip to call Tillman a racist and not a war hero, but it is ok to impugn the reputation of Kerry?

I don't get it.
  • Reply 16 of 77
    Quote:

[B]He took his "injuries" and used them as a means of coming home 4 months before his tour of duty ended. Upon arriving home he began working so that he could call those still in Vietnam baby-killers, murderers, rapists and war criminals.

LMAO. You never ceased to amaze...unbelievable. Did you get this from Drudge too? At least Kerry got his "injuries" in fvcking Vietnam unlike all the cowards who didn't have the balls to go serve their country.
  • Reply 17 of 77
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Mommy kiss and make it better

Here we go ladies and gentlemen. The recollections of the doctor that treated Kerry for his first Purple Heart "wound".

I heard he got a lolly-pop as well.

Nick

How is it down there at the bottom of the barrel?

Kind of muddy?

The only good part about this is that it's really pathetic.
  • Reply 18 of 77
    hassan i sabbahhassan i sabbah Posts: 3,987member
    It wouldn't make any difference if he received his second Purple Heart for throwing himself onto a hand grenade to save a busload of orphans and his third for jumping between a bullet and a two star general.

No, he'll always be a coward and a war criminal to Nick. Especially now he's running in an election against George Bush.

George Bush. Now there's a real man. Remember that flight suit and the aircraft carrier?

Hellfire, I've got an erection thinking about it.
  • Reply 19 of 77
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Raising the level of discussion at AppleOutsider, ONE THREAD AT A TIME! Yeah!
  • Reply 20 of 77
    Watch Trumptman call the "Hanoi Hilton" a 5 star resort

when it's time to bash McCain, should he come out and defend Kerry's military service.