What size laptop do you have?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Just got rid of my 15" 1.25 and switched to a 12" 1.33.

The added features and screen size of the 15" were not enough to overcome how much I missed the size of my older 12" 867. So back to the small 'book for me.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Ah yes. And the reasons I bought the 17" over an 15" powerbook:

1: 17" portable screen. Being a graphic artist, I need a large screen that I can take with me to work, home, and to numerous other studios.

Reasons I bought the 17" over the 12" powerbook (Includes previous statements):

3: Backlit keyboard. I don't know about you, but when I am laying on my side in bed, I find it difficult -not- to "two-finger type". And it's usually dark, to boot.

3: 128mb ati 9700. Need I say more? ^_^

4: Firewire 800. Down the line, I will be needing it for an External HDD. It's good to be prepared. =)

5: 1000base-t ethernet. I constantly find myself transferring gig+ sized files across our network. I would hate for my ethernet port to be my bottle-neck.

6: 1.5Ghz. Duh? :P

7: More ram expansion.

Reasons I bought the 17" over the iBook (Includes previous statements):

8: 80gb 5400 rpm Hdd. Side the additional 20 gigs over the largest available iBook Hard Drive, the faster speed is required as well. When constantly loading and saving large documents, that extra boost in speed is more than crucial.

9: iBooks cannot be hooked up to Apple LCDs. I plan on purchasing a 20" Apple LCD as soon as possible.

10: Faster bus.

11: etc etc.

- Xidius