Apple Pro Mouse a piece of crap?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    obi-dunobi-dun Posts: 19member
    I am using Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical with 5 buttons and scroll wheel work very well in both OS X & 9.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    [quote]Originally posted by salidar34:

<strong>The pro mouse is pretty crappy and is in now way "pro". It tracks fine, but has a cheesy feel to it and the button clicks by accident a lot. The biggest problem, however, is its lack of multiple buttons.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just recently seen a

<a href="http://www.hama.de/hama/artFrame.jsp?sid=0sfg55og31"; target="_blank">Pro Mouse "Clone"</a>. It has also no "buttons". The clicks are made by tilting the mouse to the left or right side. The feeling is quite different than most other mice as other muscles are moved for this movement. I've also see a version with a silver interior (under the clear plastic).
  • Reply 23 of 25
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    [quote]Originally posted by Obi-Dun:

<strong>I am using Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical with 5 buttons and scroll wheel work very well in both OS X & 9.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not sure there's even five buttons on my shirt. What the heck are they all for? I'm really happy with the Pro Mouse, thanks.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDave:

<strong>

Not sure there's even five buttons on my shirt. What the heck are they all for? I'm really happy with the Pro Mouse, thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can program them to do stuff. I used to have a mouse with 5 buttons and those buttons were very useful.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    The large button on the Pro Mouse was, I believe, designed for people who would have trouble operating a smaller button placed at the end of the mouse. Having multiple buttons or a scroll wheel would probably comprimise that design feature.