What has Bush done for America?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Bush is doing roughly what nearly anyone whould do given the inertia of the bureacracy that surrounds him.

The first point is not true, but I agree with your second point that his administration is to blame.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Just to be clear, by 'the populations' you include the women and children too?

... uh ... you see, there was the 'Jesus' bloke. You should check him out; had a bunch of messages about this kind of thing.

I didn't say it was a good thing---it may simply end up happening that way.

"Those people" have already begun total war on the West; I don't understand why you would think that this situtation lends itself unilaterally to certain methods of combat.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

The first point is not true, but I agree with your second point that his administration is to blame.

I think that the larger, departmental intertia can hurt here too; huge departments with politiking dept.heads kniving for an angle, or a budget increase, or an agenda---taken en masse.......I think it all ends up being pretty much the same.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

more safer.

Was that intentional...subliminably?

What has he done? Made SNL funny. In a sad way. And I still like Daryl Hammond's Al Gore just as much; he's probably even funnier than Will Ferrell because he is so damn accurate with impressions.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey, when I verbalize seriously about a free and democraticized society circa 2004, I don't just make things up spontaneously out of the blue. Everything I say has a purposeful use so it can be utilized effectively on a regular basis.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

For the record I do not blame Bush for this alone.

Me too, I blame his whole team. Lost me as a Republican and that's saying a lot. If he has lost a supporter as vocal as I was, then he is in tough straights for the re-election bid.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Most importantly, he has gone out of his way to create such a massive deficit that discretionary social spending will be crippled for generations to come.

And made such a botch of Iraq and international relations that America's abiltiy to maneuver in in a multi-lateral world will be compromised for generations to come.

Not to mention inflaming anti-American passions, making it that much harder to combat terrorism, probably for generations to come.

Oh, and making the enlistment in the national guard so onerous as to kill of enlistment, probably.... well, you know.

What has he done for America? Made it nearly impossible for his successor to succeed! He's a genius!
  • Reply 28 of 32
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I think this one is kinda old, but

Quote:

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

I spent the US surplus and effectively bankrupted the US Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in US history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the US stock market.

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history.

My "poorest millionaire," Condolesa Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a US President.

I am the all-time US and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations. My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in US History, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the US Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip- offs in history.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history.

I changed the US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in US history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in US history.

I am the first President in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the US from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspector's access to US "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the US after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the US the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in US history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of US citizens, and the world community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

Oh, and slightly off topic, I read Thirteen Days this past weekend, and wow---if that crisis had been under this administration, there is no doubt in my mind that the world would no longer be here.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Welll....lessee.

Bush has:

1) Brought us out of the evils of balanced budgets and back into the glory days of trillion-dollar deficits.

2) He has ended our reliance on diplomacy and economic pressure as a means of effecting change in rogue nations and returned to the glory days of just invading and bombing the hell out of someone.

3) He has made it clear that it is, indeed, possible to wage war on a tactic.

4) He has waged open war on the public school system in America (he, of course, never attended one)

5) He has suggested a constitutional amendment telling people who they can and cannot marry, and his closest advisor has suggested that those in favor of homosexual marriage are on the side of the terrorists.

6) He has brought us out of the darkness of multilateralism and into the promised land of unilateralism, and in the process has done what no president before him has ever managed to do: tell the rest of the work to f*ck off and mind its own damned business, even when we're tearing up their back yard.

7) He has led us away from the confusion of complexity and into the sweet, bright light of reducing complex ideas down to something that can fit on a bumper-sticker.

8) He has overseen the most dramatic rise in gas and oil prices since Carter.

9) He has cut Bill Clinton's taxes

10) He has taken a year of vacation while he's been in office (it is certainly more than that at this point. It was 250 days as of August 2003)

11) He has overseen the unprecedented expansion of a global prison system.

12) He has given some people criminal trials, some people military trials, and some people no trials at all.

13) He has overseen the incarceration of an undisclosed number of individuals. He has overseen the incarceration of an American citizen for 6 months in a Naval brig without access to family, the media, or a lawyer.

14) He has, on a number of occasions, brought in experts to advise him and then ignored their findings.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    He fathered my child.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

He fathered my child.

Was it warty?
  • Reply 32 of 32
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Inverted.