Got weblogs?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've found myself reading an increasing number of weblogs over the last year or so, to the point where almost all my regularly used browser bookmarks are 'blogs (after the obvious stuff like Google, eBay, Yahoo and AI). Some of these blogs are just random ranting, some are really funny and some of them are so good that I am as pleased to see a new blog entry as I used to be when I was 15 and a new issue of NME or Meoldy Maker (music magazines) came out.

So I was wondering, which AIers read blogs? What blogs do you read regularly?

I pretty much look at most of these at least once a day...

Gizmodo and Engadget - Professional blogs covering all things gadgety and gizmolike. The guy who started Engadget was the original writer for Gizmodo, (which is run as one of a number of pretty successful pro blogs). One or both of these people may also occasionally lurk at AI.

Blissblog - Music blog written by music journalist / writer Simon Reynolds (who I used to read religiously when he wrote for Melody Maker back in ver day).

Eurotrash - Foulmouthed rantings of an English woman in NYC. She's one of the funniest, most scathing writers I've ever read. Her thoughts on the online forum at the Wedding Channel website are well worth checking out.

Boing Boing - Sci-fi writer Cory Doctorow blogs about anything and everything that interests him. One of the most widely read blogs out there. Full of links to interesting, albeit slightly geeky stuff...

FluxBlog - Another music blog, but this one provides mp3s of the often obscure and impossible to find music discussed in each entry. A great resource for finding out about new and interesting music.

Anyone else have any favorites?

Comments