Someone screwing with the theme?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    yes, lets have a competition

there are lots of people on this board who would like to input, and some real talent. something a bit like the w3c comp that took place a while ago. the mods can judge.

we need some brief rules, so everyone follows the same guidelines. and you can submit screen mockups first, before they get coded.

or, lets have a set of themes (the 3 top picks by the judges), and a style switcher so people can set the style they like.

i for one would be keen to enter.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    I like the way these forums look. Er, looked. I mean, the way they were before the recent fiddling. Although they're not that much worse, really.

Of all the forums I've seen, the AI forums are the classiest looking and the easiest on my eyes. No change is necessary.

However, I wouldn't mind having small, tasteful avatars added. But I don't know how the "tasteful" part could be enforced (maybe only allow a certain palette of colors or greys?). Alright, I know it's been discussed before and it's never going to happen.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    However today the forum is better looking than yesterday.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

However today the forum is better looking than yesterday.

yes, apart from the change in icons for stickies, closed and open folder. the stickies are a step back IMHO
  • Reply 25 of 36
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

yes, apart from the change in icons for stickies, closed and open folder. the stickies are a step back IMHO

OK: Official statement on what happened in regards to this:

A previously trusted member of the AI staff decided that he was going to abuse his access. Among other things, this individual edited or updated several of the message board files that control security, allowing him a backdoor if he was ever banned, so i suspect. Do to the large number of files changed by this individual, it was in our best interest to clear these wrong doings with a multi-part update to the boards. We went from 2.2.9 to 2.3.5, and also performed a security sweep. Somewhere along these lines, all the custom icons were erased and the profile function got messed up. I managed to salvage about 95% of the icons from my cache and installed them and also corrected the profile problem.

I honestly do not have or do not remember what the stickie icon looked like... if any of you have a copy, a picture, or a description, we'll fix this ASAP.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 26 of 36
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    ooo is it possible with vb3 to have different templates say so we could all choose and someone could just be making new ones to go buy?

and can I try my hand at making a style sheet or 2 or 3?

hehe I ask because I never get to make anything fun.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    will someone just come out and spill the beans on whats really going on behind the scenes?

please, i'm starved of good gossip...
  • Reply 28 of 36
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

I think a few people have already

Seriously, when will the statute of limitations on this be lifted ? This is a discussion forum - we could err.....discuss...???

It'll be lifted when certain people pull their heads out of their butts and realize that they cant keep everyone quiet forever.

Geez guys. Keeping it within reason is one thing, but total censorship...I thought you would be beyond that.

With that said, I'm fully expecting this post to be censored/deleted as several of my other posts and my signature have been. Like I said before, welcome to the new AI kids. Enjoy your stay, and mind you don't step on anyones toes, lest you be banned and your posts be censored.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me to get hit with the admin stick here for even thinking about talking about this.

I think it's time for some people (read: same people with heads in butts) to grow up a little bit.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me to get hit with the admin stick here for even thinking about talking about this.

Will the Mod stick do?

Smack... smack... smack...
  • Reply 30 of 36
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Will the Mod stick do?

Smack... smack... smack...

Donno, you tell me. Haha.

That's why they put you in charge, not me
  • Reply 31 of 36
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Surely a "prepared statement" from the admins and/or mods would go a long way.

Or are you hoping that it will just go away?
  • Reply 32 of 36
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Surely a "prepared statement" from the admins and/or mods would go a long way.

Or are you hoping that it will just go away?

I promised one, and I will give one. The situation, however is NOT resolved and there is an ongoing investigated in several areas and I cannot and will not allow people to speculate in the meantime.

Please respect these simple wishes, and you will have all your questions answered in due time.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 33 of 36
    We wouldn't want speculation on a rumor site now would we?

Maybe instead of the usual, the new badge of honour will be "Removed at the Request of AppleInsider Legal"

• Reply 34 of 36
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    EDIT: Removed at the request of AppleInsider Legal.

just kidding!
  • Reply 35 of 36
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

I promised one, and I will give one. The situation, however is NOT resolved and there is an ongoing investigated in several areas and I cannot and will not allow people to speculate in the meantime.

Please respect these simple wishes, and you will have all your questions answered in due time.

Best,

Kasper

Speculation is going to happen, and is happening. I currently follow both sites and wish that more communication was happening.