Best argument yet for sex-ed in schools...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

Oh my lord. Talk about enforced ignorance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Did these two even go to public schools in Germany? If someone were that ignorant in the US I would doubt they ever attended a public school.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    *shrug* Add it to the necessary homeschool curriculum then.

That level of purposefully conveyed ignorance is just... stunning.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Ever wonder why the maniacally abstinent don't tend to pass the trend to their offspring?

no offspring, no continuation of a counterproductive lesson, from a genetic view.

Darwin in Action. Some traits (ignorance of how your body works) aren't selected for.

• Reply 4 of 23
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Still, for a couple in their 30s you gotta figure this is all going to come as a pleasant surprise....
  • Reply 5 of 23
    markjomarkjo Posts: 28member
    Reminds me of the old joke: Sex is hereditary - if your parents never had it, odds are you won't either.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    wait til somebody show them the magic of Video and the Internet...

there's little chance they've heard of either and not run across sex by now.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

wait til somebody show them the magic of Video and the Internet...

there's little chance they've heard of either and not run across sex by now.

Hell, wait till someone shows them their genitalia!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    very weird and fvcked up
  • Reply 9 of 23
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    It never occured to them why adapters have a MALE and a FEMALE connector

Wonder what they will say when they find out that the 'town drunk' isn't drinking soda from a bottle in the paper bag.

prediction:

3 years from now they will have 6 kids after getting a little carried away and the husband will say to the press "We were just makeing up for lost time."

/prediction
  • Reply 10 of 23
    rara Posts: 623member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Wonder what they will say when they find out that the 'town drunk' isn't drinking soda from a bottle in the paper bag.

• Reply 11 of 23
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Oh, that's funny. But surely they must have had sex at least on their wedding day. I mean, I kissed a girl once and nine months later; she broke up with me.

OK, not funny, but I try.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You know the least of our worries are two people who don't know they are supposed to have sex. I'm much more worried about girls who think if they get ***** in the *** are still virgins.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    You mean we're *NOT*???

THEY. I meant *THEY'RE* not.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    What religion do they practise? Beyond-bizarre-ism. For this to happen with one person is weird enough, but two people, a married couple at that, who presumably love each other and probably have slept together in the same bed over the last 8 years (!). Wow. But I guess stranger things happen at sea.

• Reply 15 of 23
    is that site some sort of an online "National Enquirer" ???

I suppose the next Headline was "GWB is the anti-Christ".

then of course, something about alien abductions or crop-circles.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

Oh my lord. Talk about enforced ignorance.

Hmm, the story sounds fishy.

For once, the town is called "Lübeck" (apart from the missing diacritic which can be excused there is a typo in the name). Furthermore, I cannot track it down in German media at all. And, notice the total absence of any names - not even the name of the spokesperson is given.

Smells like urban legend to me
  • Reply 17 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    That is so incredible.

Everyone should know that you don't get pregnant if you don't swallow, and then brush your teeth after. So maybe she should .. at least swallow something?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    It looks like an april fool.

• Reply 19 of 23
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Hmm, the story sounds fishy.

For once, the town is called "Lübeck" (apart from the missing diacritic which can be excused there is a typo in the name). Furthermore, I cannot track it down in German media at all. And, notice the total absence of any names - not even the name of the spokesperson is given.

Smells like urban legend to me

i think yer right. it's BS
  • Reply 20 of 23
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    I'm of the same age as this man. Even though the school systems are slightly different between the state where Lübeck is located and where I went to school, I doubt that they didn't have sex eduction there one the schedule. IIRC, there was a possibility for parents to take their children out of the sex ed classes though.

But I can't believe this story . These people would have to live very secluded in order to miss everything sex related here.