What will Apple come up with next???

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

First they will come out with a 975 based G5 PM that will blow everyone's mind - and all will forgiven for the IBM fab glitch.

Tiger will also be well covered at the WWDC and, depending on beta testing, sold be out by Nov.

Then they will introduce the next generation iMac - held back because of the IBM fab problem.

The iPod with a color screen? Really needed big time. Any day now and I order one on Day 1.

Home Media Center? More of a new iMedia app that will work within (or with) iLife, allowing current users to have a great reason to spend $49. I believe that this approach is far better than a new box because it means increased sales of Macs (all levels) and can the the last bit in place to get Winny users to look at Macs. Especially the Window iPod users. It also continues to show that "you can do more on the Mac" . . .

They might even come out with new displays and surprise he hell out of everyone . . .

The situation, as I see it, is that Apple will first want to recover from the delayed G5 speed bumps and the backorders on the iPod mini, give the original iPod a big kick in the marketplace (and color sure will) and get some major movement on the iMac side.

Get these ducks in a row and they can consider one of the neat things they play with in the labs. To do that, the color iPod is needed today, the G5 PM at 3 gig needs to be announced at WWDC with delivery in Sep/Oct and the next generation G5 iMac announced at WWDC with immediate delivery. Speeds on the iMac need to be just under the PM so if the PM is up to 3 gigs then het iMac needs to be something like 2.4, 2.6 and 2.8 - with corresponding bumps in the FSB, memory, etc.

This leaves a time frame for new, exciting products for the Christmas season. A G5 PB and a new iBook are two leading contenders, updates to both lines in the iPod range and some speed bumps on iMacs and PMs. Probably greater integration between the iPod and iLife would also increase market interest and sales.

Fab problems have changed this years road map and I see the majority of the effort being directed towards catching up with the road map - and I think that this was a very exciting road map when originally finalized.

ok, here's another thing that makes me feel like a visitor from another planet (ok, bring on the one-liners, I'm asking for it Colour iPods....where do I begin? A lot of people "get it" and then there are the group of people who step on each other to make the so "obvious point" OFCAUSE WE NEED COLOUR iPODS.....OFCAUSE...THIS IS SO OBVIOUS..... Why is it obvious? Because it's possible to make it? Because the TV went from black and white to colour? Let me just ask a simple question: If your looking at your iPod, and it says: U2 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For in a grey tone display. Now imagine it says U2 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For in COLOUR? .....have you really found what you are looking for?

Think about before you load up the flame-thrower...please..... on the other hand.... I can take it.... let's fire up this thread )))) ...no seriously I'm only joking

Is it that you want to watch coloured cover art on that tiny display? For the sake of respekt for you IQ I'm not gonna ask about movies
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by mooseman

They have been selling like fresh steaming turds.

Apple is missing nothing right now.

Right on the money !