The Day After Tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

I'll go see it The Day After it goes rental...

screw rental...now where did I put that "black box"?

analog cable with ppv, it is a wondweful thing

(dont flip Mr. MPAA...this is a JOKE, I mean for all the troble of hooking it up, I am gonna grab something good like Shrek 2)
  • Reply 22 of 28
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Another thing that bothers me about diaster movies is the climax. All the dramatic music and conditions get really bad, then as soon as they pass by the character, EVERYTHING MAGICALLY GOES AWAY. The tidal wave in New York???? Somehow the fact that our main characters survived caused the tidal wave to dissapate. WHAT THE HELL.

Bam! Now THAT is Hollywood

Have a $50 theatre gift card to use up, this looks entertaining. Notice I didn't say a steller film? I can be entertained watching B-movie action on Cinemax.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    mac os xmac os x Posts: 53member
    . . . oh come on, everyone. Really, the movie isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

I for one was extremely impressed with the special effects and destruct - o - matic scenes. The movie held my attention throughout and it satisfied my expectations. Certainly one should not expect stellar acting with such a movie; its not the focus.

And what was wrong with the political message? More power to Roland Emmerlich for trying to communicate a little didacticism in his movie.

I mean, people . . . you want to make a better movie? Yes, I realize that they're the ones with millions of dollars and blah blah blah . . . but still.

Y'all are too critical!

Mark me down in the "like" box!
  • Reply 24 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

The wolf scene was horrible and out of place. The political message of the movie was so laughable I wanted to buy an H2.

The fact that the previous ice age was 10k years ago and happened the same way shows that (1) our puny actions mean shit to mother nature and (2) if the shit hits the fan I would rather be driving on ice in an H2 than dying in a Honda Insight.

If they want to get an anti-fossil fuel message out then go for pollution, not this garbage.

Speaking of garbage, I think that the trash on Mac OS X is a major factor of pollution. I ask Steve, if he have any interest in environnemental issue to remove the trash in Tiger.

Computers should not be polluted by trash
  • Reply 25 of 28
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

The political message of the movie was so laughable I wanted to buy an H2..

• Reply 26 of 28
    Saw it last Friday and thought it was okay. Pretty much a generic disaster movie with some cool effects. Would have been greatly improved (as would any movie) if it had extra Velociraptors.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

The wolf scene was horrible and out of place. The political message of the movie was so laughable I wanted to buy an H2.

I totally agree.

And why do they have to use all CG wolves?!!!! They animation was terrible. They seemed to have no weight to their shapes.

Movies used to be good when people took the time to train animals for their scenes. Now I can only concentrate on how good, bad or believable a CG element looks instead of being lost in the plot of the movie.

I love stupid summer action movies, but they are really getting worse and worse with the over abuse of CG elements.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    Rush did a segment on this movie Tuesday. It sounds like it is nothing more than propaganda for the global warming agenda. Don't get me started on that one.