UN ambulance transports gunmen in Gaza, caught on video

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

You, sir, are the one who is wrong, and underhanded.

I hope that you asked yourself these questions before you posted:

1. Do I have proof of this thing I am accusing someone of?

2. Does it fit with the normal pattern and supported by other actions?

I bring these up, because you have totally ignored certain things to come to that conclusion. Have you ever known me to avoid controversy? I didn't think so. Do I hide behind the shield of anonymity? No to that one also.

If you must cast aspersions and seed doubt to get your ideas across, maybe you should reexamine your ideas. I really thought that there were some kind of gentlemen's rules at play here. However, Giant and now you have proven there is no level you won't sink to.

Congratulations. You just lowered the bar.

So I was wong about it being you . . . no need to get all pretentious on us 'yo have just lowered the bar' hahaha

The rest of what I said still stands however. . . . even the part about the good thing Bush did.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    You know, I think Bush was right when he said he was a uniter and not a divider:

1) You can't neglect the simple fact that Bush has energized liberals in this country in was unprecedented in my lifetime.

2) Millions of people marched in opposition to him.
  • Reply 23 of 49
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

What exactly are you implying here?

That's a good question that most likely will go unanswered.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

You know, I think Bush was right when he said he was a uniter and not a divider:

1) You can't neglect the simple fact that Bush has energized liberals in this country in was unprecedented in my lifetime.

2) Millions of people marched in opposition to him.

How did a dig on Bush get into this topic? Oh, I know why...
  • Reply 25 of 49
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

How did a dig on Bush get into this topic? Oh, I know why...

Actually your partner in crime broke the Bush seal. This was the third post(second response) to this thread:

Quote:

originall posted by NaplesX which you'd know if you read each post.

Why not US's, hell I will bet the "usuals" here will find a way to inject the possibility that Bush has some connection to this. Or maybe it is Condi Rice

• Reply 26 of 49
    No, he laid down a prediction, that seems to have been halfway fulfilled as of a few posts ago. It was an astute observation, imo.
  • Reply 27 of 49
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

So I was wong about it being you . . . no need to get all pretentious on us 'yo have just lowered the bar' hahaha

The rest of what I said still stands however. . . . even the part about the good thing Bush did.

Remeber that 'good thing' that I noticed Bush do. Well apparently he has taken it back. In an INTERVIEW he says: to quote the source where I found the quote:
    Quote:

On May 26, President Bush took it back. "I never apologized to the Arab world," he proudly proclaimed. Bush tried to explain that he was sorry for the people who were humiliated, but that his sorrow should not be interpreted as an apology.

unbelievable . . . I thought I could find ONE, just one good thing and it turns out that it was not to be . . . .
  • Reply 28 of 49
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Perhaps the ambulance drivers needed a security detail. Israeli troops tend to fire at anything that moves that is not Israeli, ambulances not excepted:

One link in many:

http://www.hoffman-info.com/palestine2.html
  • Reply 29 of 49
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Perhaps the ambulance drivers needed a security detail. Israeli troops tend to fire at anything that moves that is not Israeli, ambulances not excepted:

One link in many:

Who is to say that they were not firing from the ambulance, in light of this new video?
  • Reply 30 of 49
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

One link in many:

So we see a video of what is either a UN ambulance driver willingly giving a ride to a bunch of combatants OR is a bunch of combatants taking over the ambulance.

And SJO is here telling us the UN ambulance needs protection from the Israelis
  • Reply 31 of 49
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Just wondering why anyone here would respond to a thread started by Scott, on the subject of Israel. You all do understand his convictions on all things Israel right? Why bother....
  • Reply 32 of 49
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I can see one or two, maybe even 3 guys jumping into an ambulance to help their pal. But 5?

I don't think the UN is somehow willing providing cover for Palestinian gunmen, but those gunmen know exactly what they're doing when they all pile into those ambulances. It's an easy escape. They are using it for transport, even if the the other party is willingly involved or not.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

I think that the unarmed medical personnel are supposed to order the armed gunmen to get the hell off of the ambulance, or else... right?

Scott did you understand that?

rageous you're exactly right. They're making sure their comrade is alright but still...you can see how much they value life when they strap TNT to themselves and blow up children. Moreso they are using it as a means of transportation. But what are the doctors supposed to do Scott, we're not all big "Bring it on!" tough guys like you Republicans ya know.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    This is obviously a breach of international law. By some armed men. And possibly the driver. His willingness isn't quite clear however. But still it will be very harmful to the Palestinian Red Crescent.

I guess you were quite happy when you found this clip, Scott? Does it prove the true evil of all palelestinians?
  • Reply 35 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

This is obviously a breach of international law. By some armed men. And possibly the driver. His willingness isn't quite clear however. But still it will be very harmful to the Palestinian Red Crescent.

That is no breaching of international law. International law can only be broken by parties who sign and ractify said international law, and I don't think that irregular resistance fighters have signed or ractified that.

The UN-ambulance-driver can at least claim that if he hadn't driven them they would have killed him, so he is excused.

Nightcrawler
  • Reply 36 of 49
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Everyone is excused.

Well? The next time the Jewish State stops a UN ambulance saying they suspect it of transporting "gunmen" (or whatever term you prefer) remember this video.
  • Reply 37 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nightcrawler

...ractified...

Gilsh, plan to make a call on this one? I guess giant should be the first to tell'em to quit posting here and go back to school (or at least hit the library)? (I mean go visit it! Don't blow it up, Nightcrawler.)
  • Reply 38 of 49
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

This is obviously a breach of international law. By some armed men. And possibly the driver. His willingness isn't quite clear however.

Oh please people...stop it. The Palestinians HIJACKED (something they know very fuckin' well to do) and they

HAD GUNS.

"Take us to the hospital or we'll blow your United Nations head off!"

"Ok."

/stupiddumbasstopic

• Reply 39 of 49
    Hey, do these ambulances have video recorders (like police cars)? Seems like a good thing to have built-in.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Hey, do these ambulances have video recorders (like police cars)? Seems like a good thing to have built-in.