While it's been revived, this is my score:

Speed Test #88483853 by dslreports.com

Run: 2010-04-22 20:52:12 EST

Download: 2414 (Kbps)

Upload: 743 (Kbps)

In kilobytes per second: 294.7 down 90.7 up

Tested by server: 54 java

User: 2 @ dslreports.com

However, that is just one of 3 measurements I took, quickly following one another, and the readings were wildly different for all of them. So I'm not putting too much stock in this 'speedtest'.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DayRobot View Post

Huh?

It's a 6 year old thread

At least the gravedigger wasn't sigspamming, so that's good

Dan

The bloody sad thing is that where I am I still don't get close to the original poster's 6-year old broadband speeds. Just eeking out a miserable broadband existence on 1mbps down, maybe, maybe 256+kbps up. ~Signed, someone somewhere in Asia (not cool like Korea with superfast Internet thingies)~ We have Macs here dammit! We're not that backward...
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

The bloody sad thing is that where I am I still don't get close to the original poster's 6-year old broadband speeds. Just eeking out a miserable broadband existence on 1mbps down, maybe, maybe 256+kbps up. ~Signed, someone somewhere in Asia (not cool like Korea with superfast Internet thingies)~ We have Macs here dammit! We're not that backward...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting about the same now as I did 6 years ago. The reason has more to do with the building I live in than anything else though. 100M (advertised) connections are currently all over the city for less than I was paying way back when. But my building is small, so they don't offer it here, and I'm stuck with 8M max.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I use Comcast cable mid range $32 plus = $35.86 @ month

Friday 9:00 am

SpeedTest.net (from Miami where I live) shows:

25.55 Mb/s down

5.58 Mb/s up

Speakeasy.net (from Atlanta) shows:

33.01 Mbps down

6.77 Mbps up

Myspeed.visualware.com shows:

27.83 Mbps down

7.10 Mbps Up

How do you know which one to believe or do you just take the average?

What service(s) do you guys use to check?