Apple Lossless and the iPod

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

I have one simple question/suggestion:

Is it possible to store (at least) two versions of one song in iTunes (one lossless, the other one in a format you are comfortable with listening to on your iPod) without recording it twice and having two distinct entries?

You can get a program called iTunes Library Manager from Doug's Applescripts for iTunes site:

http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/i...arymanager.php

You can use it to have separate Lossless and Lossy collections, or segregate your christmas songs etc.

You can rip the files to lossless then once you've done a batch of CDs convert them to AAC (menu option: Advanced -> Convert Selection to ...) and import the files into the other library and delete them from the lossless one.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Wow, all this because I dared to suggest that CDs were not the pinnacle of quality...

But that's not all the you did. You suggested the above along with a lot of very debatable stuff about why CDs aren't the "pinnacle", and why LPs are better. A whole lot of arguing about audio issues would go away if people didn't so often feel the need to accompany their opinions with bogus technical explanations for those opinions.