$33.32... Wow!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Sell a little of it now, a little more if it goes up again a fair amount, etc, just not enough to run out. Buy a little again on a drop and continue. IMO the stock is on a bit of a bubble and will be corrected soon. Might as well cash in a tiny bit while the going is good.

AFAIK the quarter ends at the end of this month--according to Jobs, business is "very healthy". Like i said, i'll wait for the earnings report.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noleli2

I got 10 shares at $17.50 way back in the day (pre-split) for my Bar Mitzvah. So I basically got 20 shares at $8.75. I'm making about 375% on that.

How do you guys get 10 shares??? Ussually you need to buy in bunbdles of 100???
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I bought about 1000 shares at Apple's IPO and couldn't be happier. I bought a bunch more at $14!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

I bought about 1000 shares at Apple's IPO and couldn't be happier. I bought a bunch more at $14!

$$$wow$$$
  • Reply 25 of 27
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by salmonstk

How do you guys get 10 shares??? Ussually you need to buy in bunbdles of 100???

Where did you get that from? Perhaps that's a brokerage-specific thing?

I've bought AAPL in as few as 3 shares once (E*TRADE). Not that it's really worth doing in such small amounts...

But still, I spent $57.84 to make $40.92...free XBOX game courtesy of Apple, basically.

But I wouldn't buy less than 50 shares if possible, kinda ridiculous otherwise considering fees and taxes.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Where did you get that from? Perhaps that's a brokerage-specific thing?

I've bought AAPL in as few as 3 shares once (E*TRADE). Not that it's really worth doing in such small amounts...

But still, I spent $57.84 to make $40.92...free XBOX game courtesy of Apple, basically.

But I wouldn't buy less than 50 shares if possible, kinda ridiculous otherwise considering fees and taxes.

in a lot places it just makes it a lot cheaper if you buy by the hundreds. (there are less borker fees that way.)
  • Reply 27 of 27
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Nah, I think $30 is the low end for a while to come. I can see $35-$40 by/right after WWDC and back down to 30 for a while until Macworld SF.

I know...it's about "30 times earnings" already...but regardless.

$40-$50 is not out of the question in 6-9 months.

But a Microsoft/Beatles and/or a Sony-BMG (+Beatles?) type of thing, plus $50 WinPods might pull the plug on it all...

...but I'm in it for the long haul with Apple regardless. Bought low and will sit on it until doomsday.

Love it when I'm right

Wait...I won't when it goes "back down to 30"...

Ah well, $40 sounds good in about 5-6 months...