S.Korean murdered.

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Yes, we get the gist of your philosphy. Nothing is worthwhile doing because you can never fully do it completely. Whatever...

Again with the strawman! You're getting good at them!

Quote:

The rest of us can now proceed with more productive discussions, now that we have your logic bomb out of the way.

I think this was a pretty productive discussion. You've admitted that you think the war on terror is a bad idea.

Quote:

Don't bother paraphrasing my meanings.

In other words, "stop responding to what I say"? Maybe you should stop talking?

Quote:

You are a lost cause- like a...brick wall, it seems.

ad hominem.

Quote:

How ironic for you.

I don't understand how this is ironic. Unless you're operating under the Morrisette definition, which is "any old strange thing."

Quote:

We can all laugh at ya next time you accuse somebody else of being one. [/B]

I didn't call Scott a brick wall. I said he'd argue with one. There's a difference.
  • Reply 62 of 72
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    How about we just shrug our shoulders, continue to fix the physical and bureaucratic infrastructure of the country and take our lumps and licks while we give them theirs?
  • Reply 63 of 72
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    great thread

It's really sad that only one post spoke of the murdered S Korean , the others is an excuse for the perpetual liberal vs neo cons flamewar.
  • Reply 64 of 72
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Wanna bet?

I realize that you'll argue with a brick wall, but you should note that a rolleyes is not a substitute for argument.

Arafat is still alive. I win, you lose.
  • Reply 65 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Arafat is still alive. I win, you lose.

Holy shit! Arafat is the only terrorist in the region?! And the Israelis don't shoot at anyone else?!?! You need to publicize this!

BTW, I realize that in many people's heads Arafat is a kind of synecdoche for terrorism, but the PLO ain't the only organization blowing things up around there. And killing him would hardly put an end to it.
  • Reply 66 of 72
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Yes, yes, if there is no "silver bullet", then it cannot be done at all, to any degree.

I guess the brightside is that there is little to criticize for actually trying to do something, as it is a screwed situation either way.
  • Reply 67 of 72
    Quote:

Yes, yes, if there is no "silver bullet", then it cannot be done at all, to any degree.

I guess the brightside is that there is little to criticize for actually trying to do something, as it is a screwed situation either way.

Still making up points to argue against, eh?
  • Reply 68 of 72
    No need to make anything up. It's right there in your posts.
  • Reply 69 of 72
    Quote:

No need to make anything up. It's right there in your posts.

Care to prove it?
  • Reply 70 of 72
    ...like talking to a brick wall...
  • Reply 71 of 72
    Quote:

...like talking to a brick wall...

I guess that's a "no."
  • Reply 72 of 72
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member