Apple Store being updated...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    But then again.... It's just the store page that is under confusion not the rest of Apple.com. Weird.
  • Reply 22 of 41
    smittysmitty Posts: 18member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I'll bet it's just to add a tiger/WWDC page with a bunch of tiger features like the old Jaguar page was.

But why would they take the store down to do that?

Wouldn't that be a front page kinda thing?

EDIT: D'oh!
  • Reply 23 of 41
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

it will be nothing - WWDC <7 days? steve wants no thunder stolen

see - I told you so
  • Reply 24 of 41
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    psyched!
  • Reply 25 of 41
    It's back up. Nothing new. Bastards.
  • Reply 26 of 41
    Well that was just plain mean.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Nothing New
  • Reply 28 of 41
    damn
  • Reply 29 of 41
    when you click order status, (after you log in) you're no longer given a listing of all your transactions, you are prompted to give them the order number you're searching for.

that's different.
  • Reply 30 of 41
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    No that's been like that for a while.

Screed
  • Reply 31 of 41
    i've been tracking an order this week. it wasn't this way yesterday or the day before.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quick vote how many south aussies are on this post at 2:40 am in the morning? Now I know far too many sa guys on this board...

Oh well no products.. but then apple did announce a while back that it would update their site maybe its a test of a new e commerce app prior to an entire site re-UI design... There has been little changes in the UI on the site - see x serve page and Pro apps pages . I think we will see a redesign site for apple by WWDC. Products... hmm looked at monitors at nb today, gonna wait though Apples gonna do something here ... the old monitors are killing their brand right now.
  • Reply 33 of 41
    My profile used to say "Adelaide, SA", but I'm back in upstate New York now so I changed it.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Premature specification!

Would be nice. Unlike that other premature liberation.

Everyone: Remember that the Apple store normally goes down for a first time a few days before the actual update, presumably for behind the scenes prep work. This first down time usually happens on weekend nights, so few people notice. Then the Apple Store goes down for a second time, usually around 8 am EST or after the Stevenote, and goes back online with the new products. So this first downtime was probably in preparation for the addition of new products after the Stevenote on the 28th.

Escher
  • Reply 35 of 41
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Borborygmi

Maybe it's just the Apple Store webmaster playing a cruel joke .

I bet that f'er knows that every time the store is down it sends several communities just like this one into freak out mode. I bet he gets off to it at night.
  • Reply 36 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Would be nice. Unlike that other premature liberation.

Everyone: Remember that the Apple store normally goes down for a first time a few days before the actual update, presumably for behind the scenes prep work. This first down time usually happens on weekend nights, so few people notice. Then the Apple Store goes down for a second time, usually around 8 am EST or after the Stevenote, and goes back online with the new products. So this first downtime was probably in preparation for the addition of new products after the Stevenote on the 28th.

Escher

Apple store > prom queen
  • Reply 37 of 41
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

So this first downtime was probably in preparation for the addition of new products after the Stevenote on the 28th.

Perhaps we should scour the Apple web site for signs of "premature specification."
  • Reply 38 of 41
    squozensquozen Posts: 66member
    They'll need to take it down again to fix this typo:

• Reply 39 of 41
    charlesscharless Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Squozen

They'll need to take it down again to fix this typo:

Heh. I'm still waiting for my 6 Ghz iMac.

• Reply 40 of 41
    You guys are way off. The Apple Store was down because because they are getting ready for their big product introduction.