The "H" Word

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

So no one consistantly calls Republicans racist for example. Perhaps you don't consider that a grave or illegal charge, but I do.

Googe: Republican racist

Nick

I don't normally post, but:

Google: liberal hate

Four times the results. What does this prove? Absolutely nothing.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by uncadave03

I don't normally post, but:

Google: liberal hate

Four times the results. What does this prove? Absolutely nothing.

Compare apples to apples. Type in conservative and hate, and you get 3,000 more returns.

Nick
  • Reply 63 of 74
    Quote:

Compare apples to apples. Type in conservative and hate, and you get 3,000 more returns.

Nick

Proving only that the bile is being spilled equally by both sides. I believe THAT is the purpose for this thread. It may have started as a on-sided look at the current level of discourse, but I believe you have made your point on this.

That being said, the desire to calm the rhetorical waters coming from the left will currently be ignored by most on the right. The right wishes to ratchet up the hate-speech until the election because it knows that most peace-loving lefties are turned off by this and will stay away from the voting booths because of it.

EDIT: This might be changing. When you disenfranchise a group too much, for too long, they will eventually do something about it...
  • Reply 64 of 74
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Would you care to make note of any conservative administrations you feel aren't far outside the normal conservaitve political spectrum?

Nick

There are plenty of republican politicians that don't deserve the kind of bile you're talking about. Presidential administrations might be more of a target though (like Bill was) because of the power they hold.
  • Reply 65 of 74
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

There are plenty of republican politicians that don't deserve the kind of bile you're talking about. Presidential administrations might be more of a target though (like Bill was) because of the power they hold.

I'll take that as a no.

Nick
  • Reply 66 of 74
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Look there's plenty wrong with people on both sides. However what Bush has done ( or not done ) with his 4 years and the billions spent I can understand some animosity.
  • Reply 67 of 74
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

I'll take that as a no.

Nick

That's because you're not paying attention. I have no animosity for most Republicans.
  • Reply 68 of 74
    I'm sorry but what it's come down to is the Bush supporters are desperate and hope that trying to portray themselves and Bush as the victim will make people forget what it's been like the last 4 years.

Good luck!
  • Reply 69 of 74
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

God amighty!

I start a thread talking about how the right has gotten carried away with branding the left as "hate filled" and "america hating" and conservatives start posting examples of "left wing hatefulness" and "America hatred".

It is a fact that the right has made a reflexive mantra out of the idea that liberals hate america and that they are filled with "irrational" hatred of Bush.

Now, let me say it again: that is the most transparently ideologically serving bullshit imaginable. It is a deliberate effort to delegitimize the rhetoric of the left by making it "insane" and "illegal".

I can't do anything about the punditry at large, but the point of the thread is that se don't have to do it here. Wild talk of America hating and irrational hatred is so pervasive on these boards that they amount to personal attacks.

Before anyone starts in again about liberal "whining", let me put it this way:

Anyone care to accuse me of hating my country or being filled with irrational hatred or supporting terrorism? Anyone care to accuse any other of our more liberal posters of same? Because this is clearly what is intended, but if the attacks were more direct it would get most of the conservatives on these boards banned. Or it should, who knows.

The point being that the right has already so normalized this talk that it is not being singled out for being the outrageous lie it is.

So what's it going to be?

Admit the obvious truth that no one here hates America etc., or outing the child molesting right?

Dude, you need to chill.

There IS a good deal of irrational hatred on the left. There is a good deal of irrational and unsuported Bush hatred. You can't escape that. I don't think anyone here "hates America" nor do I think I've ever said he/she does.
  • Reply 70 of 74
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Dude, you need to chill.

There IS a good deal of irrational hatred on the left. There is a good deal of irrational and unsuported Bush hatred. You can't escape that. I don't think anyone here "hates America" nor do I think I've ever said he/she does.

Funny you see it that way. I don't see irrational hatred of Bush, I only see total disgust with his policies, words, and actions.

On the other hand, from the right wing, I see irrational and unthinking support of anything and everything that Bush does... cause, you know, conservatives are always right and liberals are always wrong (and hateful... and evil...).
  • Reply 71 of 74
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Dude, you need to chill.

Define "irrational".
  • Reply 72 of 74
    Quote:

Dude, you need to chill.

Nice projection.

However I've been observing irrational hatred of the left by the right since the Clinton years.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Define "irrational".

Jeez, man. Irrational = Disagreeing with Bush policies.

Rational = hating all things liberal.

Didn't you get the memo?
  • Reply 74 of 74
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I can't figure out why this thread is still open. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Think of better topics, y'all. This one was flamebait from the start and only got worse.