Pizza Hut Buffaloe Wings...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...anybody eat them on regular occasion? ...and if so, does it consistently give you "the runs" after a few hours like clockwork? What's up with that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

...anybody eat them on regular occasion? ...and if so, does it consistently give you "the runs" after a few hours like clockwork? What's up with that?

Too spicy, that's why. It's kinda funny I am from India and I find the Buffalo Wings at PizzaHut too spicy.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Only if I enjoy a few beers does that happen...
  • Reply 3 of 30
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Beer, like other diuretics, should dehydrate you. Dehydration generally causes constipation.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I don't get the runs, I get the burns. Still love 'em, though.

J
  • Reply 5 of 30
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    NOTHING beats Hooters wings. Yeah that's right, I just go there for the wings!
  • Reply 6 of 30
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by markiv

Too spicy, that's why. It's kinda funny I am from India and I find the Buffalo Wings at PizzaHut too spicy.

That's because this type of food is spicy beyond seasoning. Buffalo Wings aren't meant to taste good just be very hot. You're supposed to dip them in ranch dressing to cut the heat? I don't know why people eat that kind of stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

That's because this type of food is spicy beyond seasoning. Buffalo Wings aren't meant to taste good just be very hot. You're supposed to dip them in ranch dressing to cut the heat? I don't know why people eat that kind of stuff.

that is completely untrue. buffalo wings can taste deliciious and be hot as hell at the same time. you're eating bad wings.

buffalo wings are my food. i've eaten them every where i go. i know where the best ones are, worst, etc. pizza hut wings suck, they are like bottom of the barrel wings.

tuesday nights at Jimmy Ryan's here in the Bronx are 10cent wing nights. Last tuesday i ate 58 in a little over an hour of their hot style. i love it.

going to try to break 70 this week.

the best wings I've ever had was at a place called Danny's Cafe .com that was in upstate new york by sleepy hollow. unbelievable wings, perfect balance of everything. unfortunately the place has closed but I'm trying to find where the chef went.

For wings in NY check out the Back Page Sports Bar which is a sort of wing heaven. not the best but tons of styles and relatively cheap. basically all they serve is wings. O'Flanagans also has very good wings. The Clipper in Throgs Neck is special in that they offer approximately 10 different sauces for your wings.

Out of chains I'd say the best wings I've had were at an AppleBee's in Myrtle Beach which had a special 5 alarm sauce that I haven't found at any other applebee's.

microwavable choice is Tyson's. i've tried em all and these seem to be the only ones that come out somewhat right. (opposed to weaver, TGIF's, etc)

buffalo chicken sandwich in NY, go to Cherry Valley in Whitestone. Awesome sandwich.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    There's a chain, (not sure if it's national) called BW3s that has a bunch of varieties. I've been to one in Mankato Minnesota-mmmmmm!

J
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

There's a chain, (not sure if it's national) called BW3s that has a bunch of varieties. I've been to one in Mankato Minnesota-mmmmmm!

J

hm, thanks for the heads up. none anywhere near me or the places i visit unfortunately. but looking at their sauce selection it suspiciously resembles the options provided at The Clipper by me. I think I may have located the source of their sauces :-)
  • Reply 10 of 30
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Last tuesday i ate 58 in a little over an hour of their hot style. i love it.

going to try to break 70 this week.

...and I thought 20 was a sufficiently large number of wings to eat.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    sounds like you know your wings applenut, how are the wings in Buffalo, NY?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    I don't eat buffalo wings. I don't like buffalo.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    BW3 is probably my favorite place for wings, though AppleBee's are surprisingly good (depending on where you are - there's a lot of variation).

If you're ever in St. Louis, there's a local chain called Krieger's that has amazing wings, the best I've ever had.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

sounds like you know your wings applenut, how are the wings in Buffalo, NY?

ha, they have a buffalo wing fest there every labor day, but I have not been able to attend due to school.

So, I've never had buffalo wings in their hometown.....yet.

hm, sounds like i may have to make a drive this summer and put an end to that
  • Reply 15 of 30
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Pizza hut wings actually strike me as kind of mild. If you want hot wings, go to Cluck U and get the "thermonukes."

For those of you with tender palates, like with coffee and beer, eating hot food regularly will gradually desensitize you. Eventually, spicy becomes tasty, as you become able to taste the flavors behind the heat.

As far as wing eating, two of my friends would compete in the annual "wing bowl" every year at Princeton. I don't think it's held anymore, but one year one of them ate 80 wings in 6 minutes after watching kobayashi videos for a few hours.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Yes, I agree that PH wings (the one's I order, at least) are relatively mild as far as wings are concerned. That's why I wouldn't expect the spiciness to do such a number on my bunghole everytime. I can deal with some spicy food, so that gives me suspicion that maybe it is something else about these wings.

FWIW, I don't think Hooters wings are all that great, either- way too greasy for my tastes.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Maybe there are some good wings out there but it seems that most of this food is based on a dare.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I used to go to this bar in Manheim PA called "The Cat's Meow". Actually it was also a restaurant. They had awesome wings. Now I go to Wings To Go...a chain. Good stuff.

btw...you dip them in bleu cheese, not ranch.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Are you sure they were chicken wings?
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

As far as wing eating, two of my friends would compete in the annual "wing bowl" every year at Princeton. I don't think it's held anymore, but one year one of them ate 80 wings in 6 minutes after watching kobayashi videos for a few hours.

that's a pretty insane accomplishment. one every 4.5 seconds without stopping. id question if the bones were dry on all of em and also if they had sauce or not. either way thats pretty.....sick.

in my experience its my plate to mouth speed that slows me down. it's also much easier to eat a ton if you have a sweet/mild sauce or no sauce at all.

the NY Daily News had an article on eating contests and there was a bit about the queen of buffalo wing eating...... cant remember her number but it was like 7 pounds of wings in a certain time and it was an insane percentage of her body weight