in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Mine got sent out earlier today

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Mine got sent out earlier today

Congratulations. They are certainly beautiful displays. I hope I can get one within the year. Let us know how you like it. I can imagine it at my desk right here as I type.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    congrats man!

be sure to post some pictures of your new display, and the box as well, i'd like to see what they look like as well

and also how big they are
  • Reply 3 of 31
    beige_g3beige_g3 Posts: 203member
    So would it be faster to order online or wait for them to show up in the Apple Store?
  • Reply 4 of 31
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    www.macrumors.com has a thread with some side by side pics of the old 20" and new. It's easy to see the new 20" is brighter.
  • Reply 5 of 31
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member

20, 23, and 30. Funny thing, at WWDC, I started using the 23" and thought it was a 30"...so when I finally used the real 30", I was simply awestruck. I'm hoping to order a 30" in December or January.

-M
  • Reply 6 of 31
    And just for giggles...heres the Dual 30 from WWDC. :P

-M
  • Reply 7 of 31
    I don't have room for the 30 inch. It is amazing how small it makes the 20 inch look.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Hoooooollllly FFFFFFFF*********K.

Despite the angle the camera is shooting from, the screen is crystal clear .... even the 20 inch that's furthest away.

jesus, now I really want one.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
  • Reply 10 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

well, Here are my pics of my new 20"

Amazing, even the low-end display is droolicious.

Here is some advice: Do not *EVER*, *EVER*, throw away the box for that display. I made the mistake of throwing away the box for my 17.3" LCD panel and now I can't ship it anywhere without breaking it. Those boxes are essential.

-M
  • Reply 11 of 31
    Your display is beautiful! Congratulations! Enjoy!
  • Reply 12 of 31
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Gah..... I need one, lol....... Anyone know if the stores have demo units yet... so I can see one up close?
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

Gah..... I need one, lol....... Anyone know if the stores have demo units yet... so I can see one up close?

Thanks for the congrats all!

As for the demos, i am not sure, because I was in an Apple store the day before I got my display, and they didn't have any yet, and said that they would be getting them soon, so for me, I received mine before Apple did, but I would imagine that they will be there soon.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    ijerry,

How does the new 20" compare to the old 20"?

Gracias.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Thanks for the pics, ijerry! I love that Michelangelo-inspired background picture. Did you take it yourself?

Somebody on MacNN got their new 20" ACD as well. His pics are here:

http://homepage.mac.com/waltafalla/PhotoAlbum10.html

Escher
  • Reply 16 of 31
    As far as a comparison to the old 20", it appears to be better, though I am biased, and have yet to see them side-by-side, so that is something to consider, however, the fact that the entire monitor is almost all screen and no plastic with minimal metal really makes it impressive to look at. I am serious, I can just stare at the picture all day, hell, I can stare with it off to tell you the truth.

As for the picture, I didn't even realize the similarities between that and the creation of Adam, but yes, I did take it myself, that is my wife and I holding hands, I have since moved my apple menu and dock to the big-screen and have my PB as the auxillary screen. I, and any other person who has a PB with an external monitor, NEEDS a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, I am hating have to sit cock-eyed in my seat to use both, so that is another trip to get those two.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

As for the picture, I didn't even realize the similarities between that and the creation of Adam, but yes, I did take it myself, that is my wife and I holding hands,

I'm impressed, ijerry. Very nice work. It's so much more satisfying to have pictures of yourselves (as opposed to anonymous models) on your desktop.

Quote:

I, and any other person who has a PB with an external monitor, NEEDS a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, I am hating have to sit cock-eyed in my seat to use both, so that is another trip to get those two.

My external LCD is only a 17", but I can attest to the utility of a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Now that I've applied all the BT software and firmware updates (one each for the PB, the keyboard, and the mouse), I can even wake my 12-inch PowerBook via the BT peripherals. Absolutely kickass!

Escher
  • Reply 18 of 31
    ethoxethox Posts: 34member
    Yeah - I work for FedEx in the RTP area, here in NC, and I saw 6 20inchers go down the line for delivery today (at 5AM), off to be delivered to BIOGEN. I suspect outside from the SouthPoint Mall Apple Store, I will see more of those bad-boys flowing by me. And I see allot of the new 2.5duel G5's by the way going down the line to quite a few biotech firms around here lately too. :-)
  • Reply 19 of 31
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    My new 23" display that I just picked up at my local Apple Store is now sitting in front of me, nicely calibrated and not one bad pixel in site. It's so bright that I had to turn it down a few notches from full to be comfortable with it.

1920x1200 is a good thing.

I should probably clean up the mess my office is in so that this new display has a chance to be seen in a proper environment for a little while at least.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    Will Apple retail stores honor edu prices? Or do you have to buy over the web for that?