Who would Osama vote for?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I noticed a web ad with a link to this site. It has a sticker you can buy that looks like this:







I think it's an interesting question. Would Osama want Bush voted out or re-elected? I have some thoughts on the matter but I think I'll just leave it at this for now.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 28
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    This makes me think of my favorite GOP spin (while in not so few words, it's clearly indicated):



    A VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY IS A VOTE FOR BIN LADEN.



    If a bomb goes off between now and election...rinse and repeat.



    A VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY IS A VOTE FOR BIN LADEN.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    A write in vote for Allah?



    We've got the Workers World Party, American Communist Party etc. Is there an Islamist Part of America or something? Obviously they would be essentially irrelevant politically but I wonder if such a thing exists.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Well considering bush doesn't consider finding osama a top priority at all any more, I'd say he'd prefer to have bush in office.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    There is an Islamic Party of America. Seems they might be a bit tame for Osama although probably at least better than voting for Lyndon Larouche again.



    http://ippausa.org/home.htm



    I have to give them credit, their Fatwa page on the morality of participating in US elections if you are a Muslim actually goes through kind of a legitimate discussion of the topic. You would never see a legit discussion of a topic on either Kerry or Shrub's website.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Northgate

    This makes me think of my favorite GOP spin (while in not so few words, it's clearly indicated):



    A VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY IS A VOTE FOR BIN LADEN.





    WOA!?!?!?!... what OFFICIAL repub. party person has said that? I want proof, news copy or audio/video will be fine, but if you make a charge, please back it up.



    But John Kerry did vote against the 87 billion dollars for the war on terror (after voteing for it according to him... ), he also said that world leaders told him that they support him, he never named names, and soon after makeing the comment, he rejected international endorcements...I wonder whos name he will not drop.....
  • Reply 6 of 28
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robot

    Well considering bush doesn't consider finding osama a top priority at all any more, I'd say he'd prefer to have bush in office.



    wow robot, you havent got the dem talking points update, the official line now is that osama has been captured, but the news is being held till the middle of the Dem. convention, if you want to spew talking points, at least read this weeks update



    Get your rederick right...
  • Reply 7 of 28
    beige_g3beige_g3 Posts: 203member
    OBL validated the Bush regime so he might as well vote for him for a second term. Without OBL, the Bush regime would have been a complete joke. OLB made him the great evil-fighting, freedom loving war hero that way too many Americans see him as today.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    And people say that we have a two party system! Look at all of the choices:



    America First Party, established by former Reform Party members in 2002

    American Heritage Party

    American Independent Party

    American Nazi Party

    American Party

    American Reform Party

    Christian Falangist Party of America

    Communist Party USA

    Conservative Party of New Jersey

    Conservative Party of New York State

    Constitutional Action Party

    Constitution Party

    Democratic Party

    Family Values Party

    Freedom Socialist Party

    Grassroots Party

    Green Party

    Independence Party of Minnesota

    Independent American Party

    Labor Party

    Liberal Party (New York State)

    Libertarian Party

    Light Party

    National Democratic Party of Puerto

    National Republican Party of Puerto Rico

    Natural Law Party

    New Party

    New Progressive Party of Puerto Rico

    New Union Party

    Peace and Freedom Party

    Popular Democratic Party of Puerto Rico

    Progressive Party (Vermont)

    Prohibition Party

    Puerto Rican Independence Party

    Reform Party

    Republican Moderate Party (Alaska)

    Republican Party

    Revolutionary Communist Party

    Revolutionary Rosa Luxemburg Club

    Socialist Action

    Socialist Alternative

    Socialist Equality Party

    Socialist Labor Party

    Socialist Party USA

    Socialist Workers Party

    Southern Party

    Southern Independence Party

    Spartacist League

    U.S. Pacifist Party

    We the People Party

    Workers World Party

    Working Families Party



    Osama would be down with the Prohibition Party. Their platform is probably a little thinner than he would like but he's in agreement with it.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by a_greer

    wow robot, you havent got the dem talking points update, the official line now is that osama has been captured, but the news is being held till the middle of the Dem. convention, if you want to spew talking points, at least read this weeks update



    Get your rederick right...




    Hello! This thread and the link it provides is all the proof you need. What point do you think they're trying to make? That Osama would vote for Bush?



    The point of the site and the graphic at the top of this thread is to CLEARLY indicate that voting for Kerry/Edwards is appeasing terrorism and that any patriotic American would obviously vote to (re)elect Bush. PERIOD.



    What do you believe their message is? And who do you believe they're supporting for president? Which party affiliation do you believe they belong?
  • Reply 10 of 28
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Osama would obviously vote for Bush if he was forced a choice between Bush and Kerry since Bush most closely matches Osama's beliefs.



    Both Bush and Osama are against:

    1. Equal rights for GLBT people

    2. Women's rights

    3. Economic and social justice

    4. Peace

    5. Science

    6. The Geneva convention

    .

    .

    .

  • Reply 11 of 28
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by a_greer

    wow robot, you havent got the dem talking points update, the official line now is that osama has been captured, but the news is being held till the middle of the Dem. convention, if you want to spew talking points, at least read this weeks update





    I was going on these quotes, but whatever.



    Quote:

    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02





    "I am truly not that concerned about him."

    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,

    3/13/02



    Quote:

    Originall posted by a_greer

    Get your rederick right...



    get your spelling right
  • Reply 12 of 28
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,454member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Existence

    Osama would obviously vote for Bush if he was forced a choice between Bush and Kerry since Bush most closely matches Osama's beliefs.



    Both Bush and Osama are against:

    1. Equal rights for GLBT people

    2. Women's rights

    3. Economic and social justice

    4. Peace

    5. Science

    6. The Geneva convention

    .

    .

    .








    1. Kerry doesn't support gay marriage.

    2. Kerry believes life begins at conception.

    3. Economic and social justice for him means marrying old money and using it to beat down the true people's candidates (Dean) Kerry also voted in NAFTA and the WTO.

    4. Kerry voted for the war.

    5. Vote FOR Kyoto, but was part of the 97 senators that voted AGAINST the funding to actually enforce it.

    6. Twilight Zone time.



    Nick
  • Reply 13 of 28
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

    There is an Islamic Party of America. Seems they might be a bit tame for Osama although probably at least better than voting for Lyndon Larouche again.



    http://ippausa.org/home.htm



    I have to give them credit, their Fatwa page on the morality of participating in US elections if you are a Muslim actually goes through kind of a legitimate discussion of the topic. You would never see a legit discussion of a topic on either Kerry or Shrub's website.




    Its funny to note that in the FATWA the Islamic leader clearly decries the loss of objects of faith in public places.



    One thing about that site with the sticker is the horrible responces by so called 'Liberals' . . . makes me feel embarassed that I tend to think in a 'Liberal' way.



    But one thing is certain, could he vote he woldn't but he would be happ to see Bush re-elected . . . the reasons are too obviouse to repeat.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Who would Osama vote for?



    Well my guess is Bush.



    Why you say?



    Well their goal with the World Trade Center was to disrupt our economic system which Bush has helped with by turning a surplus into a deficit.



    Also disrupt our values and american way of life. Well now we have Homeland Security that has an open ended right to spy on anyone so there goes some more of our freedoms.



    And he's done everything but catch Osama and spent billions doing it. Also he seems to have shifted the blame for everything to Saddam.



    As an end result a good portion of the world now distrusts us and terrorists have more of an excuse to attack.





    Yeah I think he'd vote for Bush in a heartbeat.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Osama will vote for him, or he won't vote at all. There is no place for vote, with people like Osama, they only believe in theocracy.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    That's why he'd probably just write in "Mullah Omar."
  • Reply 17 of 28
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by segovius

    The question 'who would Osama vote for' is a clear illustration of the problem the west faces both as an entity in the modern world and, in particular, in any WOT where the opposition shares not only a vastly different mindset but one which has no relation to your own.



    Osama wouldn't vote. Period.




    The point isn't about voting. It's about whether Bush has been bad or good for Osama's goals. I think that's probably the fundamental question of our upcoming election.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,937member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BRussell

    The point isn't about voting. It's about whether Bush has been bad or good for Osama's goals. I think that's probably the fundamental question of our upcoming election.



    That's an exellecent point. Somehow I doubt you'll find much intellectually honest conversation on the topic, though.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by SDW2001

    That's an exellecent point. Somehow I doubt you'll find much intellectually honest conversation on the topic, though.



    You mean one that would come to a conclusion in line with your beliefs.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    The real question- Are people locked up in Guantanamo, actually allowed to vote anyway?
Sign In or Register to comment.