What is the nickname for the new G4's?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm wondering if some of you think the old names came from the users. They did not.

Yikes, Yosemite, Quicksilver, and the rest of them came from Apple. This one is apparently called Mirored Drive Doors. There is your answer.

You need to open a thread for that?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    [quote]Originally posted by onlooker:

<strong>Yikes, Yosemite, Quicksilver, and the rest of them came from Apple. This one is apparently called Mirored Drive Doors. There is your answer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

"Mirrored Drive Doors" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, and it's just a bland description -- no personality or character. You're sure this is an official Apple code name? I'd expect Apple to use something like "Luminance" or "Albuquerque" or "Voltaire".

I like to think of these new Power Macs as "Yikes II" or "Son of Yikes" -- with the hopeful implication that, falling short of being what they should have been due to supply problems, they'll be a model with a short life span soon to be replaced with something better.

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: shetline ]</p>
  • Reply 43 of 44
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    No. We called some of 'em Digital Audio, no? Same difference. Mirrored Drive Doors.

MDD
  • Reply 44 of 44
    kiu77kiu77 Posts: 68member
    I would like to suggest:

Hoover

Because of the air intakes

(and the connotations...)

---

Ther are no fcts - just interpretations