2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
  • Reply 22 of 35
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anna Mated

Have you ever given thought to why you must mock God and those who worship Him?

Is that pleasurable to you?

Fellowship
  • Reply 23 of 35
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

The specifics are irrelevant . . . what is relevant is that someone has chosen to pay repsects to G-d and G-d's creatures . . . . I say, in fact, the best way to do it would be to choose a completely arbitrary manner . .. rendom dates, times etc, then ritualize a gift towards the Becoming that we erroneuosly refer to as Being, that way there would be no precedence to which you pay lip service byt rather pure 'observance' without ulterior motivation.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

The specifics are irrelevant . . . what is relevant is that someone has chosen to pay repsects to G-d and G-d's creatures . . . . I say, in fact, the best way to do it would be to choose a completely arbitrary manner . .. rendom dates, times etc, then ritualize a gift towards the Becoming that we erroneuosly refer to as Being, that way there would be no precedence to which you pay lip service byt rather pure 'observance' without ulterior motivation.

We are wired for worship and we should not come to Church to worship; I think it is requested that we come to Church worshiping.

Worship should not start and stop when the Church service begins and ends, rather it should be something ongoing throughout the week. Day and night.

Of course this thread is really about diet...

Fellows
  • Reply 25 of 35
    anna matedanna mated Posts: 113member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Have you ever given thought to why you must mock God and those who worship Him?

Is that pleasurable to you?

Fellowship

So you don't refute it then.

In relation to your questions. 1) YES, I don't accept or deny Gods Existance, There is no evidence either way. I am only 'mocking' people like yourself, who believe that their personal interpretation of the Bible is the divine authority, re: your threads on creationism circa 2001. Hubris, arrogance and deceit. Oh how YOU mocked scientific evidence.

2) sometimes. Did it not make you feel good about yourself to post endless deceit in AO to further your cause?

I know you've moved on. Im not going to hark on about this much. I know you won't read the book. What I would like, for you to answer 1 question, and I'll forget it.

Q.) Was your position circa 2001 made through genuine ignorance, or are you deliberately trying to deceive?
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Please IM me if you would like information. I am to blame for this thread getting off course but in future we should IM each other regarding my beliefs.

Mods you may do as you wish with this thread..

Fellowship
  • Reply 27 of 35
    anna matedanna mated Posts: 113member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Please IM me if you would like information. I am to blame for this thread getting off course but in future we should IM each other regarding my beliefs.

-

Yes, lets all IM Fellowship so he can deceive without me exposing it. Question answered. Thankyou.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/b...on&showxref=on

Please Ban me too, I am done.

MarcUK is gone.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    I wouldn't honor any god that commanded that I not eat donuts.

tongue -> cheek
  • Reply 29 of 35
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anna Mated

So you don't refute it then.

In relation to your questions. 1) YES, I don't accept or deny Gods Existance, There is no evidence either way. I am only 'mocking' people like yourself, who believe that their personal interpretation of the Bible is the divine authority, re: your threads on creationism circa 2001. Hubris, arrogance and deceit. Oh how YOU mocked scientific evidence.

2) sometimes. Did it not make you feel good about yourself to post endless deceit in AO to further your cause?

I know you've moved on. Im not going to hark on about this much. I know you won't read the book. What I would like, for you to answer 1 question, and I'll forget it.

Q.) Was your position circa 2001 made through genuine ignorance, or are you deliberately trying to deceive?

Dude . . you are off the deep end or what?!

Give it a rest . . . 'deceive'? . . . fellowship feels strongly about his religion . . . . so what?

I think the least credible position is to doubt his sincerity with regards to what he feels about religion . . . you might not agree with his ideas . . . but clearly he is not a willful deceiver . . .

So, go forth and eat yee good foods!
  • Reply 30 of 35
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I discovered I had high cholesterol after years of always having low cholesterol. My doc wanted to put me on a statin immediately but i declined and said i wanted to alter my diet and try natural supplements (policosanol, fish oil, phytosterols, etc.)

For my diet I dont eat anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats. No fried foods. Cut down on carbs-limit white rice intake.

I make my own salad dressing using olive oil(nowhere near as good as Kraft or wishbone but much healthier).

Limit meat and pork intake to 1-3 times per week.

I just went for a blood test today so i find out if it worked or not. If not, hello Zocor.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    powermacg6powermacg6 Posts: 123member
    Do you know how they make Hydrogenated Oil?

Aluminium, Nickel, Hydrogen and heat.

At least two of those things are highly poisonous to humans!

Why do they do it?

It increases the volume of the oil! Less oil, more profit!
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

Do you know how they make Hydrogenated Oil?

Aluminium, Nickel, Hydrogen and heat.

At least two of those things are highly poisonous to humans!

Why do they do it?

It increases the volume of the oil! Less oil, more profit!

It also makes it easier to cook with because it solidifies it. Trans fats are nasty, worse than saturated. Companies will have to list the amount of trans fats in their food soon. Some companies, such as Frito Lay and Arnold bread already put it on the label-their products contain zero trans fats.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Well, you can still eat well. For example, Chick-fil-A uses non-hydrogenated oil.

Bad news. Hydrogenation is not the only thing to avoid. I refer to the supermarket aisle with all the oils as "death row." Oils may even be cold pressed, but after pressing they are subjected to high heat in a refining process. This is true of almost all oils on the shelf, which are mainly omega 6, polyunsaturated. As a result of refining, the molecular structure is altered, so replacement body parts made from it do not meet the manufacturer's specifications. Omega 6 oils are also more sensitive to heat than other oils, so cooking and deep fat frying with it makes matters even worse. The best oils for frying are the most highly saturated, like tropical oils and real butter. It was a sad day when "health experts" made saturated oils the scapegoat for all our problems. Deep fried foods and popcorn have become more dangerous as a result of that decision.

We should be getting omega 6 oils from natural foods, like raw nuts, but we often get too much of it in our diet, usually from molecularly altered omega 6 oils. Trying to avoid omega 6 oil is difficult. Read the labels. It may be in 50 percent of everything sold in a supermarket. The alternatives to omega 6 oil are olive oil (omega 9) and saturated fats like palm oil, coconut oil and butter. Avoid anything "fractionated" however. What may have saved cold pressed virgin olive oil from refining is the taste people have come to expect from it. Refining makes it tasteless and odorless.

On top of getting too much omega 6, we do not get enough omega 3 oil, so our ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is dangerously high and responsible for many health problems. The essential omega 3 oils are found in cold water fish and flax seeds. These are the most heat sensitive oils of all, so do your homework on good brands and cold storage techniques.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Ha! Hexane be damned...

...I will give up neither Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (it's Fellows' fault... he started that thread long ago touting the virtues of the Krispy Kreme and coffee), nor Chic-fil-a. Although if I'm REAL lucky, I get to enjoy a Chic-fil-a about once every three years since they don't have them anywhere in Illinois or Wisconsin that I'm aware of. I have to go visit my brother in Atlanta to get one.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Wise words my friend. Its sad that we have to go through all this crap and its because the FDA does not do enough to protect our health from dangerous food ingredients and processing. I have had to resort to making my own salad dressing. i wish Kraft and Wishbone would just make a healthier version of their italian and thousand island dressings by using extra virgin olive oil to replace the oil they use now. I dont care if it cost more, Im sure it would taste better than what Im doing!

Quote:

Originally posted by snoopy

Bad news. Hydrogenation is not the only thing to avoid. I refer to the supermarket aisle with all the oils as "death row." Oils may even be cold pressed, but after pressing they are subjected to high heat in a refining process. This is true of almost all oils on the shelf, which are mainly omega 6, polyunsaturated. As a result of refining, the molecular structure is altered, so replacement body parts made from it do not meet the manufacturer's specifications. Omega 6 oils are also more sensitive to heat than other oils, so cooking and deep fat frying with it makes matters even worse. The best oils for frying are the most highly saturated, like tropical oils and real butter. It was a sad day when "health experts" made saturated oils the scapegoat for all our problems. Deep fried foods and popcorn have become more dangerous as a result of that decision.

We should be getting omega 6 oils from natural foods, like raw nuts, but we often get too much of it in our diet, usually from molecularly altered omega 6 oils. Trying to avoid omega 6 oil is difficult. Read the labels. It may be in 50 percent of everything sold in a supermarket. The alternatives to omega 6 oil are olive oil (omega 9) and saturated fats like palm oil, coconut oil and butter. Avoid anything "fractionated" however. What may have saved cold pressed virgin olive oil from refining is the taste people have come to expect from it. Refining makes it tasteless and odorless.

On top of getting too much omega 6, we do not get enough omega 3 oil, so our ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is dangerously high and responsible for many health problems. The essential omega 3 oils are found in cold water fish and flax seeds. These are the most heat sensitive oils of all, so do your homework on good brands and cold storage techniques.