And the next crappy Star Wars movie is....

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Except "a new hope" opens with the Title

STAR WARS

episode IV

A NEW HOPE

Unless you are suggesting that was changed? I dunno, I never saw the original release in theaters\

Yes, It was changed, while I beleive it still did have the episode 4 title, on it, it did NOT have the "A new hope" title until video release.

• Reply 42 of 47
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

You forget the cloned soldiers that will later obviously become storm troopers. Still hardly a " war ". Perhaps we haven't seen it all.

Ok, I am a nerd, I admit it. Now, explain to me how Luke in Episode IV wanted to go to the "Academy" and become a storm trooper when all the storm troopers are apparently clones. Where would lil' Luke fit in to that, and why have an "Academy?"

I have a friend who's really into Star Wars and he seems to have all sorts of Rue Goldberg post-rationalizations for Lucas's obvious ad-hoc development of this universe, so that it can look like Lucas is this genius who planned all this stuff from the get-go.

Lucas has nothing on Frank Herbert IMO.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Dune was a terrible book, completely overrated for a horrible messianic buncha crap

Gimme Vernor Vinge anyday
  • Reply 44 of 47
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    oh yeah, IMO
  • Reply 45 of 47
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Ok, I am a nerd, I admit it. Now, explain to me how Luke in Episode IV wanted to go to the "Academy" and become a storm trooper when all the storm troopers are apparently clones. Where would lil' Luke fit in to that, and why have an "Academy?"

I have a friend who's really into Star Wars and he seems to have all sorts of Rue Goldberg post-rationalizations for Lucas's obvious ad-hoc development of this universe, so that it can look like Lucas is this genius who planned all this stuff from the get-go.

Lucas has nothing on Frank Herbert IMO.

He wanted to become a pilot at the academy " Like his father ". Also I believe the academy he refered to wasn't being run by the empire. If you recall his friend Biggs went to the academy and they ended up fighting the empire.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I think that if Episodes one and two were condensed into one movie, it would have been better.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I think that if Episodes one and two were condensed into one movie, it would have been better.

Yup!