iTunes Music Store coming to Poland

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Following a report that Apple Computer will launch a Danish version of its iTunes Music Store this October, the Gazeta Wyborcza — Poland's most widely distributed daily newspaper — claims that the company will also introduce a Polish version of the store around the same time.

The report, published in Polish, says the music store will open in Poland sometime this fall, but provides no further details.

While the Polish version of the iTunes Music Store is expected to allow access to Apple's iTunes Library, the report sheds doubt that Apple is ready to deliver a localized version of service with a local musical catalog.

Recent reports indicate that Apple is attempting to finalize arrangements that would deliver the iTunes Music Store to several additional European countries this fall, possibly as part of a combined introduction.

Apple currently offers localized versions of the iTunes music store in the United Kingdon, France, Germany, and the United States.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    mrshowmrshow Posts: 164member
    Pierwszy komunikat

Great to see Apple hasn't forgotten us Polish macaholics.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MrShow

Pierwszy komunikat

Great to see Apple hasn't forgoten us Polish macaholics.

Wariat.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    argh, poland... but no canada?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    perogie
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Well, this outta flesh out the polka titles at the iTMS j/k
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Wariat.

Tu s± tylko wariaci
  • Reply 7 of 17
    yopuyopu Posts: 1member
    Will Canada be the last country in the world to get an iTunes music store?! What's the problem? I'll bet that the Canadian and U.S. record companies and their policies are more similar than any other two countries.

I don't know if this is related, but Apple Canada has always been terrible about promoting and distributing products. There is virtually no advertising; there are often product delays. It makes little sense anyway that here in Vancouver we have to get products that have been sent to Ontario first.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Think off the increased cost of tech support.

Just kidding
  • Reply 9 of 17
    theflythefly Posts: 72member
    Just a dumb thought, but...

Could all of these news stories be related to the EU version of iTMS that Jobs announced was going to be released in the Fall? Perhaps all of these countries are just going to be under that umbrella.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TheFly

Just a dumb thought, but...

Could all of these news stories be related to the EU version of iTMS that Jobs announced was going to be released in the Fall? Perhaps all of these countries are just going to be under that umbrella.

I wish Canada was part of the EU. :'(
  • Reply 11 of 17
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Lets not forget about Australia... because it appears as tho Apple has.

iDunno
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I would think this is part of a larger rollout. Seems odd that Apple would localise the store for Poland ahead of Italy, Spain, Netherlands etc. No offence intended.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Seems like these articles are just referencing the common European store and AppleInsider's news rollers are interpreting it how they see fit.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    1. Can't find this in www.gazeta.pl.

2. Apple could have difficult situation in Poland, because of www.iplay.pl with pricing 0,99 PLN (about $0.25)
  • Reply 15 of 17
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mbamac

[B]1. Can't find this in www.gazeta.pl.

Ops. I found it in text about iplay.pl
  • Reply 16 of 17
    ser91eser91e Posts: 1member
    @mbamac

Could you post the link?? I can't find this info at gazeta.pl

This will open us chance to authorize an iPhone when it will come to Poland.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I think someone is a little confused. Why did this old topic get drag back from the dead?!