What's in Steve?

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 27
    god damn cosmic rays show up on my raman detector far too often to have me think its cool anymore...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally posted by crazychester

    [B]

    Firstly, it pisses me off that some of you couldn't say your piece without sniping at each other. Your posts would be easier and more enjoyable to read if I didn't have to dodge and weave around the attacks on each other's intelligence.



    We are incapable of even considering using non-baited wordings and straight-faced replies. Satire must be resurrected by going through the extremes. There is no other way about it. Or so my chemistry teacher told me and why would I question Him?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hardeeharhar

    We are incapable of even considering using non-baited wordings and straight-faced replies. Satire must be resurrected by going through the extremes. There is no other way about it. Or so my chemistry teacher told me and why would I question Him?



    That's exactly the sort of excuse I'd expect a flagellumed, manic-depressive, maquettologist to come out with.



    Har har hardee.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Cancer clusters are a misunderstanding of statistics by people who don't know any better.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally posted by crazychester

    That's exactly the sort of excuse I'd expect a flagellumed, manic-depressive, maquettologist to come out with.



    Har har hardee.




    NB: you have a profoundly great memory.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    Cancer clusters are a misunderstanding of statistics by people who don't know any better.



    Like women who have children when they are over the age of 35 and drink more than five glasses of wine a week but not more than 15 are more likely to get mouth cancer than woman who don't match that description?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by hardeeharhar

    but I also use said chemicals on a daily basis, I have read the MSDSs on most of them, and I know the risks involved. I am not chemically ignorant.



    Thats not the point, I'm sure you don't dump those chemicals into the environment.



    You on the other hand link to a page that merely lists the common chemicals used in semiconductor manufacturing (not knowing what most of them are, and probably hardly looked at the page for much longer than it took to get the google link)



    Golly, you and Scott seem to be in your own little cluster. If you had a problem with the link being posted by someone not educated on the subject, I don't see why you didn't object to Scott posting a link to an anti-lawer site, about a trial he likely knows nothing about either. Regardless, it's even worse to use a broad brush to paint all class-action suits as the same.



    What are you trying to say - that the Semi-conductor business is clean, that there is no ill effects on the environment? Is that what you think?



    you don't help your argument by playing on the obvious fears that you and most other americans have of chemicals and chemistry.



    What????!?? If you think that chemical dumping isn't any kind of problem, then I don't know what to say. I'll say it again - your missing the point.
Sign In or Register to comment.