Idle hands

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The office can be an evil place.

I'm in a somewhat fulfilling relationship, even though we regularly fight like we're going to kill each other. I recognize my girlfriend as "my type", and that "my type" is not easy to come by.

And I have a colleague who is not my type. But she's kind of cute. And I'm starting to have an extremely annoying crush on her. And I wish the crush would go away. I wouldn't rather be with her than with my girlfriend at all, but I obsess about her when I'm at work.

Of course my girlfriend hasn't done anything recently to really make me appreciate her, but still, I'm not ready to break up with her for my colleague, who even if she turns out to be interested in me (she does flirt back), I KNOW I have no future with, because I know she can't fulfill my intellectual needs, and will never be able to devote enough attention to me.

But she's cute.

And I'm procrastinating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

The office can be an evil place.

I'm in a somewhat fulfilling relationship, even though we regularly fight like we're going to kill each other. I recognize my girlfriend as "my type", and that "my type" is not easy to come by.

And I have a colleague who is not my type. But she's kind of cute. And I'm starting to have an extremely annoying crush on her. And I wish the crush would go away. I wouldn't rather be with her than with my girlfriend at all, but I obsess about her when I'm at work.

Of course my girlfriend hasn't done anything recently to really make me appreciate her, but still, I'm not ready to break up with her for my colleague, who even if she turns out to be interested in me (she does flirt back), I KNOW I have no future with, because I know she can't fulfill my intellectual needs, and will never be able to devote enough attention to me.

But she's cute.

And I'm procrastinating.

These damned hormones. So many cutes women around ...

Many frustation come with my job, when I see cute ladies, but ... in the reverse, it's a pleasure to see them. The pleasure of eyes, and the pleasure of a nice talk, is sufficiant for me.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Don't dip your wang in the company ink. That's another whole concept, but it's quite valid as well.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    tonton...

reduce flirtation to a minimum. introduce the girl at work to your girlfriend. if she is not a bitch she will back down; if she is a bitch she won't and you yourself know you don't want to screw a bitch...

this is the only test that you can escape somewhat unscathed...
  • Reply 4 of 40
    Quote:

I like very aggressive women.

You have a crush on Common Man too?
  • Reply 5 of 40
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

It's not the colleague, it's the girlfriend who's a bitch.

I flirt too. She doesn't come on THAT strong. If she did, I'd consider her to be more of my type. I like very aggressive women.

I guess that means you're into bitches, because as far as I know, most aggressive women get pretty bitchy when things don't go their way. You could say the same for agreesive men, except that "bitchy" is generally not the go-to emotion for males.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Quote:

I'm in a somewhat fulfilling relationship

Quote:

Of course my girlfriend hasn't done anything recently to really make me appreciate her

Quote:

because I know she.......will never be able to devote enough attention to me

Oooookay.......

For once, words fail me.

Modern love......terrifies me.......don't believe in modern love.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    Maybe it is your "extremely annoying crush" on your colleague that make you stop appreciating your current girlfriend.

Anyway, I don't see how it could lead to anything good toward your current relationship.
  • Reply 8 of 40
    Quote:

The fact is, a crush on a third party can be an indication of an existent problem, but it can not be a cause, simply by virtue of existing.

What?

No. If your girlfriend has a crush on a colleague, don't you think that will lead to problem in your relationship?

You are in denial.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    Quote:

If my girlfriend had a crush on a colleague and she didn't act on it, and she didn't change her behavior toward me, frankly, I really wouldn't care.

Well, the question is, is your behavior toward your girlfriend changed because you have a crush on your colleague.

How do you know you haven't? Maybe your attitude change because you think you have more options. Who knows? I don't think you know that your behaviors have changed. But I would bet if your behavior changed, your girlfriend would know about it, and that may have damaged your relationship with her already.

Gee... the more you try to explain, the guiltier you look.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Well, is it your usual tactic to shift focus as to avoid direction question?

You talked about your relationship, let just stay on the topic, shall we?
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Now, you want to say you love your girlfriend?!

That is weird, you said she is a bitch not so many posts ago.

Let me remind you.

Quote:

tonton: It's not the colleague, it's the girlfriend who's a bitch.

Well?
  • Reply 12 of 40
    Well, if your girlfriend is as agreesive as you make her out to be, why would she bow down to you anyway.

Calling herself a bitch is one thing. You calling her a bitch would be considered an insult, and you did it behind her back.

You don't seems to be such a good boyfriend to begin with.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    "Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know how much God hates that." - Ol' Drippy
  • Reply 14 of 40
    Quote:

I bet your boyfriend/girlfriend (if you have one) is not very happy with you.

Is that right? Or is it that I have touched on a nerve there, that you have to respond with innuendo.

Are you really that good of a boyfriend? You have a crush on a colleague at work, calling your girlfriend a bitch online, and then turn around blaming everyone (including me, but I'm just a by-stander) but yourself.

You have as much responsible for the failing of your relationship as your girlfriend. Bitching about her online and talking about your infatuation with another woman sure don't help your relationship.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Maybe your definition of "crush" is different than mine.

Finding your ogre, and going to live in a swamp happily ever after?
  • Reply 16 of 40
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Anyway, the truth is that I really love my girlfriend, and not a day goes by that I don't do something nice for her. I don't want to lose this relationship. And I would never cheat on her.

That alredy would answer your question. If that comes from your heart.

Which it by the way didn't - since you have read my this answer hours ago, and have not answered.
  • Reply 17 of 40

Hilarious. What about Sundae? S/he's like a freakin' terrier. Attack! Attack! Meanwhile the rampant phallus runs around like a chook with its head cut off.

Great stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    Affair with girl at work...bad. believe me!
  • Reply 19 of 40
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Hilarious. What about Sundae? S/he's like a freakin' terrier. Attack! Attack! Meanwhile the rampant phallus runs around like a chook with its head cut off.

Great stuff.

Chook?
  • Reply 20 of 40
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I'm certain that you only think you like very aggressive women because you think it's cool to like very aggressive women, when it's pretty obvious that you like this cute office girl more than the "bitch" at home. Next you're going to write that bitch is just a term, an expression, a reclamation of the word for positive purposes (all of which I can agree with, though that doesn't account for your use of the term)

I've read enough Tontonisms -- you seem obsessed with the pose value of certain interpersonal positions, sexual ethics, modern psuedo-progressive pop sexual pap designed to prove... I'm not sure... I think if I were a female I'd be a bull lesbian, wait, back on topic, if I were a female I might find you to be something of a shallow male nightmare.

However, I don't want to come too close to promoting my reputation for sensitivity, I could give a fvck what women might think/feel when they encounter latent male psychosis, that's their problem.